BCS Sweeper - worth restoration?

/ BCS Sweeper - worth restoration? #1  

vbares

Tractor
BCS 735 diesel ACME
I just acquired a BCS 735 with an ACME Diesel - it came with a non-functioning sweeper.

The tractor its self is only waiting on a few parts to be put into service - I bought it to make a trailer valet (on the cheap) without knowing what I was buying exactly. Very neat machine and have enjoyed getting it running and building my attachment.

20210124_122438[1].jpg

Back to the sweeper - the reason it does not work is the coupler shaft is stripped probably due to the bearings being seized.

The coupler shaft is about $350 - by the time I'm done with metal, bearings, paint it'll be more than $425 restoration - and I'm not sure if I'd use it very much anyway.

Questions for you all:
- Is there a market for it restored?
- Should I try to sell the parts (only the transmission/differential is really viable as parts)
- Just bin the thing, has no value

20210118_172420[1].jpg
20210118_170058[1].jpg
20210118_170043[1].jpg

/ BCS Sweeper - worth restoration? #2  
I just acquired a BCS 735 with an ACME Diesel - it came with a non-functioning sweeper.

The tractor its self is only waiting on a few parts to be put into service - I bought it to make a trailer valet (on the cheap) without knowing what I was buying exactly. Very neat machine and have enjoyed getting it running and building my attachment.

View attachment 684443

Back to the sweeper - the reason it does not work is the coupler shaft is stripped probably due to the bearings being seized.

The coupler shaft is about $350 - by the time I'm done with metal, bearings, paint it'll be more than $425 restoration - and I'm not sure if I'd use it very much anyway.

Questions for you all:
- Should I try to sell the parts (only the transmission/differential is really viable as parts)

View attachment 684445
View attachment 684446
View attachment 684447

Price a new one, then a good condition used one. You may find you can get more than your money back making it a good used one.

/ BCS Sweeper - worth restoration? #3  
For my Grillo 110 similar to yours BCS 735 a new sweeper costs around 1500 €. It should be in the approximate price range for yours too. My opinion is, if you need it, restore it, if you plan to sell it, scrap it, too much uncertainty.

/ BCS Sweeper - worth restoration? #4  
I was searching craigslist for about a year before I found a used sweeper in good shape. They are rare. I paid $400, but the person had no idea what they had. There was a guy in southern jersey with one in AWFUL shape. I saw how his craiglist ad "evolved" as it didn't sell. He did one of the worst rattle can jobs ive ever seen, and sold it for $500.. or as lest thats what he was asking

There is guy in CT, Hartford i think that has a craigslist ad that he wants one. He may buy as is.

I use my sweeper primary for snow, and it really impresses me. my drive is always black.

Good luck!

/ BCS Sweeper - worth restoration?
I use my sweeper primary for snow, and it really impresses me. my drive is always black.

Thanks TimberXX - this years snow falls, the small ones, has had me wishing that brush was operational!

I figured they go for about $500 or so, and that wouldn't be enough reason to rebuild it - My buddy is trying to repair the drive splines, if he can do that - then I'll def rebuild it for my own use.

/ BCS Sweeper - worth restoration? #6  

View attachment 684443

Questions for you all:

View attachment 684445
View attachment 684446
View attachment 684447
I have a 40" sweeper for sale for $650 like new. keep yours for parts!

/ BCS Sweeper - worth restoration? #7  
1614638382907.jpeg

I'm in Connecticut