BCS String Trimmer Attachment ?

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ? #1  

PhilG327

Bronze Member
Tractor
BCS 852
Has anyone bought or built a string trimmer attachment for a BCS? Something like the DR Trimmer series? I've found as I get older, wielding a gas string trimmer has gotten just too much for me. Weak arms I guess :)

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ? #2  
Have you ever used one with a full harness like this one. Much better than the single harness.

As far as adapting a walk behind it seems like a lot of power just to spin a plastic filament. I致e always thought a an electric 3-wheel bicycle could be adapted to hang an electric line trimmer off it for doing long fence lines. They make inexpensive walk behind string trimmers for $300 or less for the cheaper ones.

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ?
Thanks for the info JamesHW. I agree, using a BCS with 13hp is WAY overkill for a string trimmer. I think the real problem may be that I bought a trimmer with a straight shaft and it places the cutting string at an odd angle for my back. Will have to see if it can be converted to a curved shaft. The harness looks like it might be a solution too, but I'd hate to order one and find out it didn't work for me. Will have to see. Thanks again.

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ? #4  
The harness makes a big difference. I’ve used them on my last 2 straight shaft trimmers with handle bars.

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ? #5  
I have a Cub Cadet walk behind string trimmer that I use to trim around the electric fence around the garden that works good I have a Grillo g85d I think a string trimmer attachment would be overkill

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ? #6  
I recently bought one of the Cub Cadet machines too. It is a bit harder to push than I expected. It's a fairly heavy machine - think push mower more than string trimmer. It is a strong machine though. I managed to snatch a ground wire completely off the phone jack on the side of the house and wrapped that thing around the dang trimmer head before I quite knew what happened. And that was a 12 guage solid copper wire. The string for the trimmer is actually lengths about 12" long and the diameter of a wooden pencil.

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ? #7  
I use mine mainly for mowing under the electric fence around my garden. It will eat the plastic step in post I use between the steel corner post. I believe it uses. 165 line . I have no complaints with the machine ,but if I had it to do over I would probably not buy it again. I can mow close enough on each side of the fence to only have 8-10 inch strip. I can do that with my stihl weed eater and it doesn't destroy my plastic fence post

/ BCS String Trimmer Attachment ? #8  
Hello Phil,

I am in the same boat as I have a pacemaker now GGGGRRRRR and I cannot use gas powered tools. The stihl corded weed wacker is $130.00 plus sales tax on the this side of the Mississippi. It uses the .080 line so it cannot be all bad. I am not sure if the battery powered stihl weed wacker uses the .080 line.