battery size for 2000 gasser

/ battery size for 2000 gasser #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Need the correct battery size for my 1975 model 2000 3 cyl gasser. Don't have original battery.

/ battery size for 2000 gasser
63 views and no one knows? I cant find anything searching the web that tells me the battery size. An exide F-4DLT does not fit in the tray (too long).

/ battery size for 2000 gasser #3  
New Holland part number F120DSW.
CaseIH part number B17TFW.
BCI group 17TF. 530 CCA rating.
17" long x 6-7/8" wide x 7-7/8" high.
Manufactured by Exide and possibly nobody else. Wicked expensive. Currently on backorder through Exide and New Holland.

/ battery size for 2000 gasser #4  
BCI Battery Group Size Chart

set down and look thru this and find one compatible or a hair smaller in size tot he info mr rick gave you.. you should be able to find something to stick in there.

I bet a grp 78 fits easy. I keep an interstatre 78DT ( dual terminal ) in my barn as a universal emergency battery. It will fit my powerstroke truck, wifes gas gmc yukon, and all my tractors. It's a hair under amp'd to start the ford 5000 for the NH 7610s but has boosted them before.

it WILL start my 3000D.. so it should start yer 2000 gasser...

Thanks Rick and Soundguy. I was going over the tractor and where its at I have limited web access. Its a remote area, don't even have cable and cell coverage is poor. I had tried the exide web site but didn't find a battery selector that gave me a size year/make/model. I tried interstate and general battery too, also tried napa's site and NH, nothing was giving me the battery dimensions or cca. Found a F-4DLT at tractor supply from exide but its too big for my battery tray.

Soundguy, that chart is just what i needed about 6 hours ago.

/ battery size for 2000 gasser #6  
good luck :)

/ battery size for 2000 gasser #7  
Thanks Rick and Soundguy. I was going over the tractor and where its at I have limited web access. Its a remote area, don't even have cable and cell coverage is poor. I had tried the exide web site but didn't find a battery selector that gave me a size year/make/model. I tried interstate and general battery too, also tried napa's site and NH, nothing was giving me the battery dimensions or cca. Found a F-4DLT at tractor supply from exide but its too big for my battery tray.

Soundguy, that chart is just what i needed about 6 hours ago.

The 4DLT is for diesels.

Found this rather extensive battery selection guide this morning.
230 page PDF. It lists the 17TF as the size for my tractor as Rick has said. It alos has lods of other information, some of you might find it worth a look. You'll want to jump to page 87 for the Farm Equipment charts. In the back is a complete listing of all battery group sizes with dimensions.

http://parts.cat.com/cda/files/3049510/7/PEGP7801-06.pdf

I don't know who makes Caterpillar's batteries, many (30+) years ago there used to be only a half dozen manufacturers and they stuck whoever's label on batteries they made under contract for them. When a battery delivery came in at the place I worked back then it was from General Battery in their own trucks, and they would be loaded with batteries all fresh from the factory but labeled with various brands.

/ battery size for 2000 gasser #9  
I bought one at Napa about 1 1/2 years ago.
They were able to look it up by the model # of the tractor.
Expensive though. About $150 IIRC.

P1010029.jpg

That sure is a beast of a battery Ultradog, what I got is not that big but close. What was in there was so small I could have two in that big tray. And it would drop right out after a few seconds on the load testere and not recover after fifteen minutes so it had to go. Tractor starts fine now with the battery I got. don't recall the group size but its as big as a 27F but shorter by about an inch. I wasn't thinking I should have done as someone else said and switched over to side terminals and got new cables even though it did not need new cables. Then there would be no issue with clearance with the sheet metal. I need to make a hold down since the factory one is missing and would not fit my battery anyway. That's easy enough to do.

Thanks for your help everyone.