battery for 2516

/ battery for 2516 #1  

2516mo

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 mahindra 2516 gear
Just a quick note...my battery jumped out of the hold downs...Note to self to check the hold down as part of maintenence. ..but could not find the size anywhere..it is a group 58. Looks like it's readily available.

/ battery for 2516 #2  
Glad you found that! One of the fastest ways to damage a battery is to "throw them around". Every time a battery gets heavy impacts it's hard on the internal cells of the battery.

I'm not sure the make or model if your tractor but you may be able to go to napa or car quest and get a aftermarket battery tie down with j hook bolts that fits your tractor

/ battery for 2516
It turned out that the factory hold downs were just loose. Yeah I haven't replaced I t yet but weak starting in the cold gave me a pretty good indication it's on the way out...not hard to find a replacement..just waiting to spend a little more for higher cca.

/ battery for 2516 #4  
It turned out that the factory hold downs were just loose. Yeah I haven't replaced I t yet but weak starting in the cold gave me a pretty good indication it's on the way out...not hard to find a replacement..just waiting to spend a little more for higher cca.
That's good! For now you can take the battery out and have it load tested for free at an auto parts store to see just how weak it may be getting.