Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,823  
Stellantis cannot keep up with Tesla so they're going to try the layoff program perhaps hoping to be more competitive with Tesla?

199 laid off. Big woopie.
How many at Tesla?

“Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares has said his company has to work on cutting costs globally in order to keep electric vehicles affordable for the middle class. Electric vehicles, he has said, cost about 40% more than those powered by gasoline. Without cost reductions, EVs will be too expensive for the middle class, shrinking the market and driving costs up more, Tavares has said.”

Anti-ICE mandates are hurting everyone.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,825  
Who actually said that…tra…?
You’d be silly to say that other than as a joke
1713909205420.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,826  
For those that pay attention to stock price, I guess a big thing we'll see if it's up another 13% tomorrow or down 26% from today's close? :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,827  
He promised the cheap car...

Now he just needs to deliver the cheap car...

I don't want to see Tesla fail. I just don't see them as the savior that some others do.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,830  
That may be true now, in certain areas, based on a hypothetical gas and electricity price. To me that's deceptive advertising. What happens if our "current" price of 15c/kWh doubles and $3.45/gal. reg. goes to $2.79?
Golly, what if the cost of diesel and fertilizer go up greatly increasing the cost to farm? It is life. Then MPG$ changes. What if the cost of a BigMac increases?

If one considers a car as transportation and not concerned with jimmies, impressions, 0-60 times, stereo system, etc. then factor in $20K vs $50K...that in itself could be a marketing tool. $30K especially invested certainly buys a lot of gas & oil changes.
What is the point of the funds one "invests" if one doesn't ultimately procure something one desires?