Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,631  
It would seem like Cybertruck is not the success that was anticipated. Tesla did not release Cybertruck sales when they released 1st quarter sales numbers, which raised some red flags. At one point a Tesla executive claimed there were 2 million deposits for Cybertrucks. Elon Musk claims the Gigafactory will produce 125,000 trucks this year and ramp up production to 250,000 in 2025 to meet demand.

Yet the recall notice is for 3878 Cybertrucks produced from November 13, 2023 to April 4, 2024, virtually all that have been produced. One website using Cybertruck owners crowdsourced information says there are 1112 outstanding orders and orders are taking less than 120 days for delivery. Orders placed today will be delivered in 2025 according to the Tesla ordering page. That would put production well below 125,000/year.

Tesla has received over 2 million deposits for the Cybertruck: design head

Cybertruck Order and Delivery Statistics

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,632  
I have a reservation for a cybertruck. I'm pretty far down the list, but after seeing these early releases, the build quality is pretty poor. Sure they have the software pretty well figured out, but the hardware quality control is not great.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,633  

This current AI of FSD just did a great job stopping for 10-12 college students stepping out of the dark into a cross walk.

FSD is doing a good job shifting itself out of D to R or the other way around when it is parking itself. The optional parking spaces are displayed on the screen and you just touch the one you want to go to and it will make the backwards and forward moves necessary to center in the parking spot well.

Didn't see any deer on the return trip this morning.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,634  

Karpathy lead FSD and AI at Tesla for a long time. Lex as always did a great job in 3.5 hours of leading the interview of a man who will impact the lives of our kids for the next several generations as to what they may achieve. People like Musk and Karpathy will be studied for generations as to their.direct and indirect impact on the future of mankind.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,636  

Rivian is one EV maker that I have never followed because I physically need FSD plus a $70K to $90K PU Will not fit in my driveway.

Not sure Amazon will pull them across the finish line in time to save them.

Their product line is appreciated by several influencers so I think they've got a good product.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,637  
Keep telling yourself that. Eventually you’ll believe it.

How about those GM bailouts? Or Chrysler?

You have no idea whether I got tax credits or anything. I do pay a $200/year fee which is the gas tax equivalent of 21,000 miles at 25 MPG, no matter how much or little I drive.

Being part Cheyenne Arapaho my tribe pays my electric bill every 3 months.
Imma trying to get them to pay my EV hater fee Texas imposes on a yearly basis.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,638  
The purpose behind EV mandates (which will never happen) to to establish little mens' places in history, such as Al Gore. And little girls, such as Greta.

"Existential Climate Threat" is nothing but a call for a single world wide totalitarian non-Capitalist economy run by a few elite, all because "the threat is too great!"

I bought two EVs (so far) because I found them to be nicer, funner, and less expensive than anything else of interest.

You didn’t buy EVs to save the planet?
How dare you!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,639  
Pre EV Barn Finds.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,640  
This video has me still scratching my head.