Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,571  
EMP. A 1970s Chevy will be more valuable. 🤣
MY Magneto Model T will live again...

Don't need any battery to run... hand crank and lie grade fuel.

Best is probably a very old diesel Mercedes...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,572  
EMP. A 1970s Chevy will be more valuable. 🤣

In that case, I would rather have a Dodge truck with an early mechanically injected Cummins equipped with a wind up starter.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,573  
Please don't misunderstand, I'm not an EV hater. I'm actually looking at one for my wife. I'm also planning a solar system for my home.

I can't help asking myself this question though: What will happen to an all electric society when the population can't generate enough on their own, and the aging grid goes down for a month?

Sure, we'll all survive somehow, but there are sure to be major growing pains along the way. Personally, I feel the process is being pushed too hard and too fast without enough thought being given to details.

Everything's a risk. I'm not a ICE or EV hater. Buy what works for you.
What I am is a Dealer mafia network hater. ;)
No reason why Auto Mfgs can't sell direct to the public like Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,574  
TSLA is off almost 37% YTD. The last time it was this low (150's) was April 2023. Prior to that the low was January 2023, all the way down to 103. It will be interesting to see if it can hold 150 until earnings next week. If it dips below that, look out 103.
150.16, put in a new 52 week low today of 148.70. Does not bode well for TSLA.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,575  
150.16, put in a new 52 week low today of 148.70. Does not bode well for TSLA.
Post next time the price of Tesla stock is under $100 or over $300. Otherwise, we're wasting bandwidth talking about a stock that's in its long established trading range.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,577  
Post next time the price of Tesla stock is under $100 or over $300. Otherwise, we're wasting bandwidth talking about a stock that's in its long established trading range.

You won't hear a peep if the stock goes above $200. Too much infatuation with hoping Tesla craters and the EV market is destroyed.
I guess people love to be ripped off by the dealer mafia network as well as stay with antiquated technology.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,578  
Who deleted your Stellantis post? I was about to reply to it. They are paying an over 6% dividend and the stock is up 11% YTD compared to TSLA which is off 40% YTD and pay no dividend.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,579  
You won't hear a peep if the stock goes above $200. Too much infatuation with hoping Tesla craters and the EV market is destroyed.
I guess people love to be ripped off by the dealer mafia network as well as stay with antiquated technology.
I thought you still owned some ICE vehicles. No?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,580  

Senate Democrats urge crackdown on autonomous vehicles and driver assist​

The federal government isn’t taking seriously the dangers posed by fully autonomous vehicles, as well as driver-assist features like Tesla Autopilot, the senators argue.

Two prominent Senate Democrats are calling for increased scrutiny of autonomous vehicles and advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) like Tesla’s Autopilot, arguing that the unimpeded flow of highly automated vehicles on public roads in recent years risks exacerbating the traffic safety crisis in the US.
Automakers and tech companies say the technology can lead to safer streets. But there have been a number of high-profile incidents in recent years involving fully autonomous vehicles, as well as hundreds of crashes and dozens of fatalities in vehicles equipped with advanced driver-assist systems. The two senators, Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Ed Markey (D-MA), argue that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s regulatory authority is at risk of being outpaced by the technology.
“We cannot allow partially automated driving systems and ADS to accelerate the road safety crisis,” they write. “NHTSA must take firm control of the wheel and steer manufacturers towards prioritizing safety.”

They urge NHTSA to use its recall authority to prohibit some driver-assist features from being used on certain roads. The senators say that NHTSA missed an opportunity to put limits on Tesla’s Autopilot earlier this when it recalled the feature over concerns about drivers using it on roads where it wasn’t intended to operate.

“We remain concerned that Autopilot, and features like it in other vehicles, could lead drivers to become overconfident and distracted, putting them and other road users at risk,” Blumenthal and Markey write in a letter to NHTSA Acting Administrator Sophie Shulman.

continues...