Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,491  

Apparently Musk is seeing the same thing that's going on in the tractor dealers concerns as it's in the auto manufacturers concerns.

Anyone concerned about the stock price of Tesla over the next 5 years most likely are barking up an empty tree. Elon talks but people hear what they want to hear. What came out in the news yesterday was no surprise at all because he laid all this out a good 18 months ago.

Elon is focused on building brains, not cars. The brains going into the cars and robots is much more profitable than the sheet metal and tires.

As has been his game from year one of being in the USA is to create appealing software and that is why the Tesla is appealing now because of FSD makes a hardware more valuable.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,493  

Apparently Musk is seeing the same thing that's going on in the tractor dealers concerns as it's in the auto manufacturers concerns.

Anyone concerned about the stock price of Tesla over the next 5 years most likely are barking up an empty tree. Elon talks but people hear what they want to hear. What came out in the news yesterday was no surprise at all because he laid all this out a good 18 months ago.

Elon is focused on building brains, not cars. The brains going into the cars and robots is much more profitable than the sheet metal and tires.

As has been his game from year one of being in the USA is to create appealing software and that is why the Tesla is appealing now because of FSD makes a hardware more valuable.
Are you saying the stock price, a reflection of the value of the company, especially since they don't pay dividends, is going to be depressed for the next 5 years?!?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,494  
When the “experts” cannot agree on where a stock is headed, it is a red flag.

Tesla appears over valued wrt P/E. I see the decision to abandon the $25k offering as a failure. I do not see the Robotaxi as enough of a market to make up for it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,496  
As an EV realistic for the past 4.5 years due to EV ownership I found this article interesting.

Waymo like Tesla and others have spent billions of dollars to get the technology to this point of development. Billions more will be spent getting Full Self Driving mainstream in the next two decades.

One can read in this thread how Elon Musk as of yesterday is refocusing Tesla to better take advantage of the robot taxi opportunity that he and many others have been working on for years.

It was the Fall of 2019 that I observed the ICE death spiral was in progress in Norway. A Mercedes-Benz distributorship was talking about a $22 million shortfall in sales primarily due to Tesla's model S and X sales.

It was the testimony from the former Mercedes-Benz customers now driving Teslas that convinced me that the ICE death spiral was in progress in at least one country.

I knew I needed some skin in the game if I was going to learn about and talk about EVs with integrity to my kids.

In 1973 I paid $2150 for a new Datsun 1200 Coupe and have been owning Nissans for the past 50 years. While I had never driven a Leaf I knew Nissan made it.

As my luck runs I got online and found a 2016 Nissan leaf SL St. Louis which is 200 miles away and I took the pickup and drove over there and bought it and the Nissan dealership help me rent a U-Haul and loaded up and I brought it back to Kentucky that night and ran an 120 volt cord to the U-Haul trailer and topped off the Leaf's battery.

I was going to Memphis to look at some used Leafs when I found the one that we now own in St. Louis. They had reduced the price to $18,000 and I had $12,000 cash to go buy a used one. I laid that on the table and finally they came back and they said they couldn't do that but they would go for S13.5K and I could pay the balance with a credit card so we shook hands.

The new battery range was 107 mi and it was already down to 60 miles effective range in a 3-year-old car with 22,000 mi on it. But again, as luck would have it, it triggered a new battery warranty 5 weeks after I bought it. Nissan replaced it with a new 2020 battery with a range of 150 mi. So this old boy was in hog heaven.

11 Jan 2023 my son badgered me until after midnight to order a new Model Y with the 2-inch factory tow package like I was going to pay $66K for my second ever new vehicle.

As luck would have it, Elon Musk cut the price by $12,000 on the next day so the new $7500 rebate would be in play which I claimed yesterday.

I added the FSD option to enable the self driving robot which I have used daily for the last 14 months. It was awesome for cross country interstate driving but sucked for local City driving and country driving until the artificial intelligent version released a couple weeks ago in my case.

I understand why Musk announced the reorganizing of the workforce and management yesterday.

The $99 per month artificial intelligent version of FSD is awesome and there is no reason it will not go full bore sooner than later and we're not talking about 5 or 10 years from now.

If you schedule a test drive in a Tesla today the staff is now required to show you how FSD works and demonstrate it to you.
Way to shill..look at you go! 👍🏻

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,497  
So, wait, the messiah lied about the $25k car last week?

What I see here is people just parroting the line from Musk and or the EV echo chamber over and over. Their defense? Well, anyone else hates America, working people, Musk or Tesla ,🤣.

Ive said this all along. When the story is "always positive"... It's just that, a story. The $25k car seems to be just a story, not reality at this juncture...

Some people are so invested, they simply refuse to accept that there is another side. That there are negative forces at work. It's like, layoffs, yeah!!! Good news, that's growth! They are hiring? Amazing!!! They are so successful!
Stock price? Who needs stock prices?! They are nixing the $25k car? That's absolutely fabulous! Wait, Musk says they aren't? Amazing news! No matter the news, it's always amazing 🤣.

When the spin is always positive... Even when a few days ago, the opposite was positive... It's no longer a discussion with merit. It's just funny to read.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,499  

That is hilarious, he obviously kept it hidden from his employees, his car purchasers and you because that wasn't your song 18 mths ago. ....
But I forgot, Musk is the Saviour of the planet and our Grandchildren to follow. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,500  
Are you saying the stock price, a reflection of the value of the company, especially since they don't pay dividends, is going to be depressed for the next 5 years?!?

Why did you interpret his post that way? Amazing how many of the EV haters in this thread that I have on ignore (not you) just are itching for Tesla to go bankrupt and the dealer mafia network to regain supreme control over the car market.

Popular Stocks that don't pay dividends