Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,331  
Or people will hold onto cars as the economy continues to slip, and not spend for a new car period. My paid off car is more affordable than a new car with zero fuel cost. Delta flew fuel guzzling MD80s for a long time because they were paid for, so fuel cost wasn't really an issue.

Yep a lot of 'run what you brung' if they are in good running condition.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,332  
@sd455dan this is one of the guys that I listen to from time to time. Man seems to be level-headed about business and he doesn't own a Tesla but he is for the business model. There's really no reason to watch this unless you just want to but it tells about a lot of things. Developments has happened today and everything absolutely amazing. After fighting with FSD for the last 14 months, it's just absolutely amazing what Artificial Intelligent version 12 is doing today. It's light years ahead of what we had to work with 3 weeks ago...

I will check it out.

ps. If I was perusing used Teslas, I would definitely buy a 2020 or newer with the FSD package already included...
( as in purchased by the previous owner).

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,333  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,335  
I find it interesting you track such usage. Not really.
You’re too biased to even bother questioning the same.

More importantly, where’s that data you were supposed to provide, supporting your fabricated 15% load maximum efficiency ICE engines?
I’m still waiting.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,336  
IMG_4398.JPG

Mmmm Hmmmm

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#17,337  
Level 2 charger can add 2-4 outlets per lamp post. Available commercially in the US. We will see how it goes, but a step in the right direction to make EV charging more palatable.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,339  
Sweden can do a lot that isn't feasible here. They are miniscule in comparison to our land mass and population. Cool idea, but why not just charge at home and save billions? This is like having fuel tankers on a highway for ICE vehicles....

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,340  
Sweden can do a lot that isn't feasible here. They are miniscule in comparison to our land mass and population. Cool idea, but why not just charge at home and save billions? This is like having fuel tankers on a highway for ICE vehicles....
I mentioned inductive charging many pages back. It would cost us a fortune, but start with interstates with solar panels along the way, then induction coils on main roads. EV would only need a small battery pack for secondary roads. Range would be basically unlimited and no plugging in. Usage cost could be built in to EV computer (mileage/GPS, etc). Not that hard to do or as efficient but batteries would last longer, EV would be lighter.
Just very expensive.