Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,301  
Have you had you had your OEM lens liquidified and sucked out of your eye balls yet so you can go back with new after market enhanced lens ?

I am 50% through that proces with one of my SCO classmates that I was in school with in Memphis 1982-1986. He serve as the AOA President a few years back. I like the optomolgy group he refers to in Paducah. I am 8 days post surgery and can read the 20/20 line again at near unaided.

We can do a thread on that subject if there's any interest. Like with cars there's been a lot of changes in eye Care over the last 50 years.
Had cataract surgery on both eyes last fall. 20/30 and 20/40 so I can drive without corrective lenses. Might still end up with glasses but holding off for now. I have been using cheap "readers" but hate having to put them on and take them off. Go ahead and put a thread up. We older guys are dealing with stuff like that.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,302  
I would suggest you test drive a Y to form your own opinion. It’s free.

We test drove a Y on two different occasions before deciding it was the car for us.
Free? I would be a 250 mile round trip..... to the nearest location per the Tesla site.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,303  
Free? I would be a 250 mile round trip..... to the nearest location per the Tesla site.

You really look for any reason to hate on Tesla?
Obviously Tesla won’t pay your gas to get you to their nearest center for a test drive.

We drove about 1-1/2 hr for our test drive. Better than subjecting ourselves to the dealership mafia network.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,304  
You really look for any reason to hate on Tesla?
Obviously Tesla won’t pay your gas to get you to their nearest center for a test drive.

We drove about 1-1/2 hr for our test drive. Better than subjecting ourselves to the dealership mafia network.
I don't hate Teslas they are really nice piece, but if you drove 1 1/2 for a test drive twice is was NOT free. You used 3 hours of your time, the fuel and wear on your vehicle. Now reality I would have to drive almost 2 hour round trip to test drive any ICE vehicle as well. I'm sure the test drive would be free as well.

Just because you do not like to haggle at a dealer does not make that model better for everyone.

The reality for me is that I do need a new vehicle, I drove a road vehicle for less than 400 miles in ALL of 2023 and might make it less this year. My wife runs around I stay put and put hundreds of hours on the ATVs and Tractors.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,305  
Had cataract surgery on both eyes last fall. 20/30 and 20/40 so I can drive without corrective lenses. Might still end up with glasses but holding off for now. I have been using cheap "readers" but hate having to put them on and take them off. Go ahead and put a thread up. We older guys are dealing with stuff like that.
Ok I will. 20/30 and 20/40 at distance is good after cataract surgery. I requested to be near sighted by 1.5 diopters in my left eye and he hit that well giving me 20/25 unaided. For years I've been using my left eye to read with and my right eye to see off at a distance without using any glasses. A month or two after my next surgery I will get glasses to try to tweak my vision to 20/20 for reading and at a distance .

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,306  
New tread cataract related.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,307  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,309  
Very interesting, and points many of us EV realists have stated previously to the Tesla fanboys. .....design boring , dealership type service needed, reliability questionable.....etc ....if I get to buy one more car before my passing it will be from a legacy car manufacturer, and I suspect by then Tesla will be owned by China or will have self destructed like Delorean.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,310  
Gale, I know you put a lot of value on the self driving aspect. If a vehicle is built with better technology would you be temped to switch?

"Musk has promised full-autonomous driving—a car that will safely drive you anywhere and through any road conditions without your ever needing to touch the wheel—for nearly a decade. Meanwhile, companies including Volvo—using Waymo technology—and Mercedes have beaten Tesla at this game. Not only is Tesla behind, but Musk’s false autonomous claims are now the object of consumer lawsuits and a federal criminal probe. Teslas’s full self driving (FSD) is still in beta phase—now on version 12—and far away from being the magical AI that Musk sold to all of us.

But that’s just one of many broken promises. Musk has repeatedly failed to meet the original release dates for all Tesla vehicles, from its original Model S to its Semi."

from link 6 reasons why Tesla is failing.