Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,251  

The first thing this morning I used FSD version 12.3.3 to keep my cataract surgery follow-up appointment and my post surgery physical restrictions have all been removed but I am not going to tell the wife just yet 🙂.

This artificial intelligent version of FSD is beyond awesome in my view. Even the last release of version 11 was jerky and you never could be exactly sure what the car was going to do the next time at the same intersection, especially on rural two-lane roads. FSD version 11 was very stable for interstate and cross country travel however.

The professor doing this video is a Tesla owner and has been sharing a lot of information about artificial intelligence and what it means to the country and the citizens.

I do believe in free will and do understand the messages from some that you plan to live in the past and die In the past.

I have family so I have to live in the present and help them see what the present is today. We each get to create our own reality for the most part and live in that reality and I accept that as a fact and I support the right of the people that want to live in the past instead of the present.

Tesla FSD version 12.3.3 is not the future but the present that did not exist in my world a week ago.

I think Tesla is getting a great deal of new data on roads in areas they never have before with the free use of FSD.
I took a trip to town yesterday and set the navigate to destination and after getting on the actual paved road engaged it.
This was the first time I had 0 interventions and the car made all the correct moves at least to the parking lot.

I still had to drive into the parking lot because of a odd entry single narrow lane entrance with building construction going on that encroached the entrance.

Sure hope when the trial is over Tesla decides to leave the enhanced vision view of the path and surroundings.

After using the FSD for a bit, I am more confident that Tesla will get to driverless with better than human response. I never thought they would achieve it without using a neural net, and now that they have the road could still have a few bad outcomes before it gets there , meaning this roll out is not without some risk.

People still need to be ever vigilant in their use of FSD supervised.

Not everyone using it will be, I see this as a risky time.

People get complacent. Tesla spells out responsibilities Very clearly, but...

ps. On the first trips i had several disengagements I forced. I did give Tesla immediate voice feedback of why, and the behavior improved on the next trip.

What still baffles me is I have done the same for my screwed up maps where the car thinks my address is on the opposite side of the road.

Over a YEAR of bug reports to Tesla and the car still tries to turn into our neighbors drive. Same goes for the school zone it is 20 MPH with Signs...
Car does not recognize them and wants to go 45 MPH. That is a dangerous thing.

That is Not confidence inspiring.

Tesla needs to update the maps based on the driver inputs, Google certainly is not doing it for them.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,252  
I think Tesla is getting a great deal of new data on roads in areas they never have before with the free use of FSD.
I took a trip to town yesterday and set the navigate to destination and after getting on the actual paved road engaged it.
This was the first time I had 0 interventions and the car made all the correct moves at least to the parking lot.

I still had to drive into the parking lot because of a odd entry single narrow lane entrance with building construction going on that encroached the entrance.

Sure hope when the trial is over Tesla decides to leave the enhanced vision view of the path and surroundings.

After using the FSD for a bit, I am more confident that Tesla will get to driverless with better than human response. I never thought they would achieve it without using a neural net, and now that they have the road could still have a few bad outcomes before it gets there , but this roll out is not without some risk.

This morning on the way to my appointment I felt the Tesla apply the brakes in a control manner and then shortly released them and that's when I saw a woman walking on the paved shoulder. It was raining and overcast and marginal visibility at long distance. No problem seeing her but the car Saw her and responded before I saw her.

The main reason I have FSD is to avoid running over pedestrian or another person in a vehicle or on a vehicle.

A huge improvement in the artificial intelligence version of FSD is it has stopped getting in the left turn lane when driving on four lane roads which used to be a pain in the butt when traveling 65 or 70 mph.

I hope Tesla extends the free FSD version 12 for at least two more 30 days free trials.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,253  

After using the FSD for a bit, I am more confident that Tesla will get to driverless with better than human response. I never thought they would achieve it without using a neural net, and now that they have the road could still have a few bad outcomes before it gets there , meaning this roll out is not without some risk.

ps. On the first trips i had several disengagements I forced. I did give Tesla immediate voice feedback of why, and the behavior improved on the next trip.

What still baffles me is I have done the same for my screwed up maps where the car thinks my address is on the opposite side of the road.

Over a YEAR of bug reports to Tesla and the car still tries to turn into our neighbors drive. Same goes for the school zone it is 20 MPH with Signs...
Car does not recognize them and wants to go 45 MPH. That is a dangerous thing.

That is Not confidence inspiring.

Tesla needs to update the maps based on the driver inputs, Google certainly is not doing it for them.
I agree this is probably a very dangerous time for FSD. People WILL be complacent and over confident in these systems. Like I stated before, I have no interest in FSD until I can sleep while it drives me and I am absolved of any responsibility for accidents. Short of that, I'm sure I would be guilty of becoming complacent too.

If a person has to be "ever vigilant" while using FSD, what benefit is there in it? Is it just the fascination with the latest technology?

If a person has restrictions on their license, they still have to follow those restrictions. For example, they can't drive after dark or they need corrective vision wear.

I believe FSD will have its day, but I think it will take legislation (heaven forbid) absolving drivers of responsibility to make it successful.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,254  
I just heard FSD V. 12.3.4 is spooling out to Tesla employees. Musk has jacked up the pressure with the 8/8/2024 Robo Taxi reveal date . That is well beyond my FSD needs but I'll take it when I get it. 🙂

Working in reverse will be mission critical for that event.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,255  
Where one lives in the past or where one lives in the present is a mental state, not physical ownership of things.

Oogway : Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,256  
understand the messages from some that you plan to live in the past and die In the past.
I have family so I have to live in the present and help them see what the present is today.
I accept that as a fact and I support the right of the people that want to live in the past instead of the present.
Hang in there buddy.
Don’t start getting all weird on us.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,257  
Good point.

The key with Elon is that he focused only on EV's and not ICE like the other other mfgs who decided to dabble in EV's late in the game.
The Traditional Auto Makers pretended they used electric starter motors the past century so therefore they already knew everything about building an EV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,258  

The first thing this morning I used FSD version 12.3.3 to keep my cataract surgery follow-up appointment and my post surgery physical restrictions have all been removed but I am not going to tell the wife just yet 🙂.

This artificial intelligent version of FSD is beyond awesome in my view. Even the last release of version 11 was jerky and you never could be exactly sure what the car was going to do the next time at the same intersection, especially on rural two-lane roads. FSD version 11 was very stable for interstate and cross country travel however.
I don't know what version FSD (supervised) I have. On the free trial. This morning I let it drive until it tried to change lanes to the right, a right turn only lane, to go straight through an intersection.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,259  
Where one lives in the past or where one lives in the present is a mental state, not physical ownership of things.
I wish the county would send the property tax bill to the owner of my house instead of making me responsible for them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,260  
Groundbreaking should start in August for the GM/Samsung $3.5B battery plant west of South Bend, IN in New Carlisle, IN.
Another $11B project starting across the road from this.

Eleven Billion Dollars
In a corn field.
:oops: