Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,232  
What are you talking about?
He's referring to the Tesla website that gives an deflated number for the cost of a new Tesla because they include potential gas savings and the $7500 tax incentive (which not everyone will qualify). I thought doing it this way was disingenuous.

All you have to do is click on tab over on "Purchase Price" to get the real price.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,233  
This is for somebody that claims it takes a long time to fill up an ICE vehicle.

This morning on my way to work I stopped for gas. I had driven 360 miles since my last fill. I started my stop-watch while turning off my route into the gas station. I added back that 360 miles of range and now have a total 420 miles of range available. I pulled back on to my route in 3 minutes and 20 seconds. It's a 2018 Mazda 3, purchased with 18k miles on it for $15K.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,234  
This is for somebody that claims it takes a long time to fill up an ICE vehicle.

This morning on my way to work I stopped for gas. I had driven 360 miles since my last fill. I started my stop-watch while turning off my route into the gas station. I added back that 360 miles of range and now have a total 420 miles of range available. I pulled back on to my route in 3 minutes and 20 seconds. It's a 2018 Mazda 3, purchased with 18k miles on it for $15K.
I have the exact same car I bought new. My daughter drives it while at college. Nice car but cabin noise while on the road is terrible.

I jumped in my EV with 90% charge this morning. I didn't have to wait any time for it to charge because it was charging over-night.

Wouldn't that be awesome to have your fuel source at your house and not have to worry about detouring to a gas station going to work?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,235  
I have the exact same car I bought new. My daughter drives it while at college. Nice car but cabin noise while on the road is terrible.

I jumped in my EV with 90% charge this morning. I didn't have to wait any time for it to charge because it was charging over-night.

Wouldn't that be awesome to have your fuel source at your house and not have to worry about detouring to a gas station going to work?
I've considered it but don't want to put 80 miles per day on a new EV five days per week. My electric rates just went up in January by about 40% and my insurance would probably double also. I don't have a garage for our cars due to trying to avoid property taxes. All things considered, I probably won't own an EV until I retire in about 7 years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,236  

Mine is a manual transmission btw. I traveled about 200 miles to get it, they're hard to find.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,237  
Mine is a manual transmission btw. I traveled about 200 miles to get it, they're hard to find.
Yuck! ;)

I've owned many cars with manual transmission and I guess I'm getting to the age where it's just not fun anymore, especially in traffic.

Great anti-theft device though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,238  
IMO, the reason there is so much negativity towards Tesla is Elon is not woke and he has proven the dealership mafia network is antiquated.
i have no problem shopping in a dealership environment. I am an adult and know that just like walking into a furniture store, they have a motive to try and sell me and I know with my own research and my discussions with sales people what is in my best interest. However especially with car dealers, I make sure to have a constructive relationship with the Service Manager , because I prefer to deal with a person that knows me versus a call centre like a Amazon type corporation. EXAMPLE I absolutely hate calling my Insurance company , ( same one for 20 yrs) and lately having to go thru a call centre and new person every time you call. ( Probably same as Tesla) So just like my local tractor dealership I have no problem with my Jeep Dealership and enjoy walking in there. Actually after my 5000 km Florida trip I dropped in and told my Service Manager how the new Jeep ran perfectly ( the model he suggested I buy last summer) , and he thanked me . Thats the joy of a dealership.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,239  
Yuck! ;)

I've owned many cars with manual transmission and I guess I'm getting to the age where it's just not fun anymore, especially in traffic.

Great anti-theft device though.
I love it, I can get well over 40 mpg on rural roads, my best is around 50 mpg. I rarely drive in traffic but actually prefer it when I do. I can get off the line better, it will actually bark the tires if you want it to.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,240  
Go to the Tesla website and build you a Tesla Y. I quoted what Tesla stated below the price.
I built my Model Y Long Range, 19" wheels, black interior, blue exterior, tow hitch, new, "all deliverable" got a hit on one for $46,790 cash.

Oops, forgot destination fee which brings it to within $900 of what I paid. After the $250 I paid $49,000.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.26.43 AM.png