Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,211  
I saw these on the streets last week in Las Vegas. Remotely driven to where you request to get it and drive yourself to your destination. Then it is remotely driven back to the parking lot.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,212  
Wasn't sure why the rave over Full Self Driving (Supervised)?

Sure it is slicker than snot.

It turns out it is more or less solved for the entire world. People in the know are seeing $$$$.

Been using FSD for a few days. Very impressive. A few instances where I need to take over such as passing a semi because FSD didn’t want to pass.
I could see paying the $200 for one month if going on a long trip

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,213  
How do these prices compare to what others here have paid?

Tesla's stockpile is the biggest it's ever been — and that means price cuts​

Tesla is taking a buzzsaw to the price of its best-selling Model Y electric crossover in an attempt to clear out its biggest-ever inventory stockpile. The Austin, Texas-based automaker is dropping prices after it produced 46,561 more vehicles than it delivered in the first quarter of 2024. That means it has more cars in its inventory than ever before.

The company is cutting rear-wheel-drive Model Y prices by $4,600. The Model Y Long Range and Model Y Performance will see $5,000 price cuts, according to Bloomberg. If you include the $7,500 Federal EV Tax Credit, the Model Y RWD starts at $33,890, the Model Y Long Range is $37,490 and the top-end Model Y Performance costs $40,690. Tesla is also throwing in three months of free Full-Self Driving beta to help move cars.

Tesla has partially blamed its global sales decline on shutdowns of its factory in Germany and the fact it’s changing over its Fremont, California plant to build the upgraded Model 3 sedan, but some analysts aren’t buying that theory.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,214  
How do these prices compare to what others here have paid?

Tesla's stockpile is the biggest it's ever been — and that means price cuts​

Tesla is taking a buzzsaw to the price of its best-selling Model Y electric crossover in an attempt to clear out its biggest-ever inventory stockpile. The Austin, Texas-based automaker is dropping prices after it produced 46,561 more vehicles than it delivered in the first quarter of 2024. That means it has more cars in its inventory than ever before.

The company is cutting rear-wheel-drive Model Y prices by $4,600. The Model Y Long Range and Model Y Performance will see $5,000 price cuts, according to Bloomberg. If you include the $7,500 Federal EV Tax Credit, the Model Y RWD starts at $33,890, the Model Y Long Range is $37,490 and the top-end Model Y Performance costs $40,690. Tesla is also throwing in three months of free Full-Self Driving beta to help move cars.

Tesla has partially blamed its global sales decline on shutdowns of its factory in Germany and the fact it’s changing over its Fremont, California plant to build the upgraded Model 3 sedan, but some analysts aren’t buying that theory.

I just went to the Tesla website and for the exact features I have on my Y (Long range, white interior, 5 seats, red exterior) it would be $54,630.
If I bought from inventory (those cars that are available now) the cheapest I could find is $48,220.
Last September I paid about $48k for one out of inventory.
This does not include the $7500 tax incentive if you qualify.

The $33,990 and $37,490 mentioned above is taking into consideration the $7500 and probable gas savings.
Prices assume $7,500 IRA Federal Tax Credit (see if you qualify).

All prices are shown with est. 3-year gas savings of $3,600

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,215  
I just went to the Tesla website and for the exact features I have on my Y (Long range, white interior, 5 seats, red exterior) it would be $54,630.
If I bought from inventory (those cars that are available now) the cheapest I could find is $48,220.
Last September I paid about $48k for one out of inventory.
This does not include the $7500 tax incentive if you qualify.

The $33,990 and $37,490 mentioned above is taking into consideration the $7500 and probably gas savings.
Can you reference where you found that gas savings are included in the prices quoted?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,218  
Can you reference where you found that gas savings are included in the prices quoted?
Go to the Tesla website and build you a Tesla Y. I quoted what Tesla stated below the price.

Prices assume $7,500 IRA Federal Tax Credit (see if you qualify).

All prices are shown with est. 3-year gas savings of $3,600

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,219  
Go to the Tesla website and build you a Tesla Y. I quoted what Tesla stated below the price.
That is weird to me. I guess Tesla is unique in the automotive industry in that regard. Do other companies do anything similar?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,220  
That is weird to me. I guess Tesla is unique in the automotive industry in that regard. Do other companies do anything similar?
IMO, the reason there is so much negativity towards Tesla is Elon is not woke and he has proven the dealership mafia network is antiquated.