Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,191  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,192  

James knows the ins and outs of FSD in general and 12.3 in specific.

My big concern was if my FSD HW3 was going to be a limiting factor and after watching the full 2 hours it is not a concern. I have read several hundred of the comments as well.

The one from the 92-year-old FSD user made me proud my son arm twisted me into buying the Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,193  
I hate the breaking news to you, but you're the one in the cult letting other people do your thinking for you. :)

Decide to be free and test driving the EV.

It wasn't until 2019 that I realized the ice was melting in favor of EVs so I went out. Bought one a couple weeks later. Best, $13,500 I've ever spent perhaps?
I offer the following from a google search:

Cult:
: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious (see SPURIOUS sense 2)
also : its body of adherents

: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work

: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion.

ICE remains "main stream" and therefore cannot be characterized as a cult.

EV makes the grade as a cult. It combines being "unorthodox", and some would say "spurious". It is a "great devotion" to an idea, and in your case a person (Musk), held by a "small group of people".

Anyway, no one does my thinking for me. How you reached that conclusion is indicative of cultist dogma. I have always (some may say too often?) provided hard numbers and facts that demonstrate an EV is not currently suitable for me and the majority of Americans. An EV is a good fit for many people but not most people.

When people refuse to comprehend facts, it reinforces the label "cult".

I do not need to drive an EV and have a religious experience. I am sure they are great cars for a 30 minute drive. But that does not alter the realities of long term reliability, ease of service and depreciation. A night with a $5000 hooker is not the same as being married to her.

Your EV ownership model is to keep your EV for three years and pass it on to someone else. That is not realistic. 90% of Teslas are less than 5 years old. Let's see how they are doing in another 10 years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,194  
The one from the 92-year-old FSD user made me proud my son arm twisted me into buying the Tesla.
This just further proves the point that FSD is just enabling bad aging drivers that shouldn't be on the road due to degraded cognitive skills. AND although AI in the FSD and algorithms do its best to protect the driver, all the rest of the drivers around that car are at risk , especially when those elderly drivers may not be able to take over driving when needed by the other drivers behind or beside. OF note in the wars in Gaza and Ukraine the AI and algorithms used in drone warfare is having a 10% error rate.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,196  
This just further proves the point that FSD is just enabling bad aging drivers that shouldn't be on the road due to degraded cognitive skills. AND although AI in the FSD and algorithms do its best to protect the driver, all the rest of the drivers around that car are at risk , especially when those elderly drivers may not be able to take over driving when needed by the other drivers behind or beside. OF note in the wars in Gaza and Ukraine the AI and algorithms used in drone warfare is having a 10% error rate.
I’m not a battery car fan, and know that FSD is a separate technology on its own as it could be used in any propulsion technology vehicle such as gasoline or diesel ICE .
That said, I’d prefer a good functioning FSD, vehicle ferrying cognitively declined senior citizens, rather than them trying to drive themselves. I’ve seen many seniors on the road who absolutely shouldn’t be

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,197  
I prefer that the general public all around that FSD driven vehicle not be used as guinea pigs as Ego Musk beta tests his FSD for his profit , at our risk.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,198  

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,199  
I have a couple problems with the company. One, they make a lot of money off of other companies thanks to green legislation, those other companies are not in a position to avoid the penalties they're paying.
You say that as if it is bad for Tesla.

Those "other companies" would be out of business if not for Tesla. They find it cheaper to purchase emission credits from Tesla than to pay the government.

Thank Tesla for your RAM diesel.