Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,071  
I saw an article a couple of days ago about a bicycle trail that was going to be built for 11,000,000.00. The trail was to be funded at 80% by the Federal govt. and 20% locally.
The last time I checked the federal govt. was in debt. Why should my Federal govt.(taxes that I pay) go deeper in debt for an unnecessary thing like a bike trail, that I will never use.

I would rather see this investment in infrastructure than the billions of tax payer dollars given to other countries and to fund immoral wars.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,072  
You have EV Range Derangement Syndrome. You believe you know better than anyone else. That EVs are impossible/impractical. That the EV you saw pulling a trailer was in all kinds of trouble because you are enlightened and wiser than that driver.

Most U-Haul rentals are local to local.

Trailers affect ICE MPG too. My 2000 Avalon would get 30 MPG at 70 MPH but with a 200# trailer from a box and nothing on it, only 20 MPG. Add a dirtbike on the trailer and it was the same 20 MPG. "Oh lordy be! My range suffered ever so! How will I manage?"
Easily, you stop at a gas station every 275 miles instead of every 375 miles and fill up in 5 minutes. On the other hand, if you're in an EV you stop every 150 miles and "fill up" for 30 minutes. You asked...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,073  
I would rather see this investment in infrastructure than the billions of tax payer dollars given to other countries and to fund immoral wars.
Well we might want to help stop those terrorist regimes ( Iran and Russia) while they are 1000s of miles away, because otherwise sooner than is already starting, those regimes will be doing more than just demonstrating on our streets. Or poisoning our politicians ( look up Havana syndrome)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,074  
I knew the numbers would be bad, but I didn't think they would be this bad! The stock price is holding up a lot better than I thought it would given these numbers. It's only off about 6% this morning. I would think it should test 150 again, currently 165.

Tesla 1Q sales fall nearly 9% as competition heats up and demand for electric vehicles slows​

DETROIT (AP) — Tesla sales fell sharply last quarter as competition increased worldwide, electric vehicle sales growth slowed, and price cuts failed to draw more buyers.

The Austin, Texas, company said it delivered 386,810 vehicles from January through March, almost 9% below the 423,000 it sold in the same quarter of last year.

Sales also fell short of Wall Street expectations. Analysts polled by FactSet expected Tesla Inc. to deliver 457,000 vehicles.

The company blamed the decline in part on phasing in an updated version of the Model 3 sedan at its Fremont, California, factory, plant shutdowns due to shipping diversions in the Red Sea, and an arson attack that knocked out power to its German factory.

In its letter to investors in January, the company predicted “notably lower” sales growth this year. The letter said Tesla is between two big growth waves, one from global expansion of the Models 3 and Y, and a second coming from the Model 2, a new smaller and less expensive vehicle.

Last year Tesla dramatically lowered U.S. prices by up to $20,000 for some models. In March it temporarily knocked $1,000 off the Model Y, its top-selling vehicle. The reductions cut into the company’s profit margins, which spooked investors.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,075  

Tesla Vehicle Production & Deliveries and Date for Financial Results & Webcast for First Quarter 2024​

BUSINESS WIRE
Apr 2, 2024
AUSTIN, Texas, April 2, 2024 – In the first quarter, we produced over 433,000 vehicles and delivered approximately 387,000 vehicles. We deployed 4,053 MWh of energy storage products in Q1, the highest quarterly deployment yet.
Decline in volumes was partially due to the early phase of the production ramp of the updated Model 3 at our Fremont factory and factory shutdowns resulting from shipping diversions caused by the Red Sea conflict and an arson attack at Gigafactory Berlin.

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accounting
Model 3/Y412,376369,7832%
Other Models20,99517,0271%
Total433,371386,8102%

Tesla will post its financial results for the first quarter of 2024 after market close on Tuesday, April 23, 2024. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q1 2024 update, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.

What: Date of Tesla Q1 2024 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast
When: Tuesday, April 23, 2024
Time: 4:30 p.m. Central Time / 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Q1 2024 Update: https://ir.tesla.com
Webcast: https://ir.tesla.com (live and replay)

Approximately two hours after the Q&A session, an archived version of the webcast will be available on the Company’s website.

For additional information, please visit https://ir.tesla.com.

Investor Relations Contact:
ir@tesla.com

Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q1 earnings. Tesla vehicle deliveries and storage deployments represent only two measures of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including average selling price, cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and others as to be disclosed in the 10-Q for the quarter ended on March 31, 2024.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,076  
musk_texas.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,077  
Easily, you stop at a gas station every 275 miles instead of every 375 miles and fill up in 5 minutes. On the other hand, if you're in an EV you stop every 150 miles and "fill up" for 30 minutes. You asked...
More like 20 minutes and most people who are going to fill their vehicle with fuel will use the restroom or buy food.
Personally I would not want to pull a trailer with an EV of any sort since if I'm pulling a trailer it's most likely going to have 5,000# or more.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,079  
More like 20 minutes and most people who are going to fill their vehicle with fuel will use the restroom or buy food.
Personally I would not want to pull a trailer with an EV of any sort since if I'm pulling a trailer it's most likely going to have 5,000# or more.
Someone having to stop every 150 miles for food and a dump needs a proctologist not EV

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,080  
Just another reason I don’t want a battery car. I don’t want to feel compelled to spend money on food, or rummage around a station’s bathroom every time I simply want fuel for the vehicle