Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,013  
This 30 minute EV overview touches on the new Artificial Intelligence Version 12+ of FSD that rolled as a free 30 day trail last week to approximately a million US Tesla owners with FSD HW version 3 or 4.

I have been using FSD full-time for over a year now and I can tell you that this AI version is steps ahead of version 11 that was based on over 300,000 lines of C++ coding that could give that jerky robotic feel. 12 is more like human drivers.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,014  
Sounds like a smoother "fluid" feel. Yay FSD!
2024_03_31_11.44.18.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,015  
Sounds like a smoother "fluid" feel. Yay FSD!View attachment 859848
Don't expect the steering wheels and brake pedals delete for years to come.

V. 12 right shift of 6-8 inches is a huge improvement in my case.

My road is 16-18 feet wide with no markings. Version 11 drove down the middle of the road bed. Version 12 by default drives on the right side of the road bed.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,016  
Interesting...
Tesla did send my car the 30 day trial update with end to end AI FSD Beta.

Going to try it out since it is free.
Don't expect the steering wheels and brake pedals delete for years to come.

V. 12 right shift of 6-8 inches is a huge improvement in my case.

My road is 16-18 feet wide with no markings. Version 11 drove down the middle of the road bed. Version 12 by default drives on the right side of the road bed.

With our rural 2 lane roads that has been my biggest complaint with the autopilot. Always wanted a bias adjustment since the car does run to close to the dividing line.
I have not 'enabled' the FSD yet but it is installed.

Wife already said she does not want to be in the car the first few times it is used.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,017  
I think they have the Cyber truck beat.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,018  
Interesting...
Tesla did send my car the 30 day trial update with end to end AI FSD Beta.

Going to try it out since it is free.

With our rural 2 lane roads that has been my biggest complaint with the autopilot. Always wanted a bias adjustment since the car does run to close to the dividing line.
I have not 'enabled' the FSD yet but it is installed.

Wife already said she does not want to be in the car the first few times it is used.
AI is a leap up over the hard coded FSD Ver 11.x.x

If there's enough distance Regen no longer slams on like it did before.

When doing a left hand turn on a two-lane road it slowed slowly giving the oncoming car just enough time to get past before it made the left hand turn. Before I've had it to go flying in and brake it down and stop and wait for the car to pass. So the there seems to be a pacing feature in the AI version like many humans naturally do.

The silky smooth turning is a huge improvement over the hard-coded version that sometimes could be very smooth and other times it would spill any drinks you had in the drink holder or hand.

Best of success.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,019  
AI is a leap up over the hard coded FSD Ver 11.x.x

If there's enough distance Regen no longer slams on like it did before.

When doing a left hand turn on a two-lane road it slowed slowly giving the oncoming car just enough time to get past before it made the left hand turn. Before I've had it to go flying in and brake it down and stop and wait for the car to pass. So the there seems to be a pacing feature in the AI version like many humans naturally do.

The silky smooth turning is a huge improvement over the hard-coded version that sometimes could be very smooth and other times it would spill any drinks you had in the drink holder or hand.

Best of success.
I'm surprised to hear so many bad things about the previous version of FSD. I thought you loved it and no complaints at all.

I personally have no desire to have FSD in any form unless I can sleep while traveling. Let me know when that's available.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,020  
I was under the impression that the the old FSD was about perfect the way Gale raved about it. But it makes sense things can get more perfect.

Maybe when FSD 20.0 gets released it will be perfectly perfect?

Just joking...progress does not stop. The EV's of today will be nearly worthless in 10 years and not just because of battery degradation.

ICE is at the point of being at the end of its development. They may squeeze another 10-15% improvement out of them but that will be about it. But the fact remains, most of us are OK with ICE's level of development.