Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,901  
Tesla stock is up today, evidently Tesla investors like free stuff.

But, I don't hate Tesla or Elon Musk.

Tesla stock valuation 'still too high' says Bernstein, sees 30% downside risk​

The disappointing performance of Tesla stock this year has resulted in multiple price target cuts among Wall Street analysts, with the latest one coming from Bernstein on Tuesday.

The broker’s analysts cut their target price on TSLA from $150 to $120, citing elevated valuation even after recent declines.

“Tesla’s stock price remains high on almost every valuation metric compared to both traditional and higher-growth auto OEMs, and also looks expensive relative to its reduced growth expectations when measured against tech comps,” they wrote.

“Our DCF now points to fair value of $93 (down from $120), primarily due to lowered estimates for terminal margins, but also due to a push-out in EV adoption growth,” added analysts.

The downward revision is influenced by several factors, Bernstein noted, including comparisons with similar companies, a revised 2050 discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation, an optimistic outlook for the near term, and “partial credit for value from Tesla’s other businesses,” primarily Full Self-Driving (FSD).

“Despite the stock’s underperformance YTD, we struggle to see a catalyst for TSLA. We expect tepid growth in 2024, as well as 2025, bringing into question the company’s growth narrative,” analysts concluded.

Bernstein maintained an Underperform rating on Tesla stock.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,902  
I too just heard that. The irony is my sister is driving 700 miles today, bought a month of FSD for the trip, then departed this morning to see in her news feed that a free trial month of FSD is coming.

You read that correctly. My sister is driving 700 miles today in her Tesla.

In other good news my Y has been stuck on firmware update all this year, appointment with Service Center this April 2 to resolve, fixed itself, finally. Well, Tesla people have been poking on it remotely but the other day navigation locked up, no backup cameras, two-scroll resets made no difference, but magically overnight it installed the update and all is working again.
At least the visit isn't scheduled for April Fools Day, maybe you dodged a bullet there.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,903  
People buy cars for different reasons.

A Tesla is not a "chick magnet". But even if it was, EVs have other issues for many drivers.

I have had my share of "chick magnets" and now, at 73, those days are behind me. They were fun cars, but my priorities changed. I want something reliable, comfortable, with carrying capacity, safe and economical to operate and repair. As I get older, the carrying capacity attribute will not matter. If I end up living back in a city in an assisted living facility, even a 150 mile range EV will be fine.

I could deal with an EV now, but I have better options. That should remain MY CHOICE and not the only option imposed by decrees from government.

IMO that is one of the major issues many Americans have with EVs. We do not like being told we have to conform. We quite rightly do not trust "the science" or the government. Let EVs stand on their own legs (tires) and if they are so f'en great people will buy them.

Impossible and needless fuel economy standards are disguised mandates. Killing ICE vehicles through these rules is wrong and costing Americans money. Curtailing oil production is also wrong. Tax incentives are wrong. Enacting how many vehicles must be EVs by a certain date is wrong. There is very little that is "right" about how we are being forced down the EV highway.
Just don't buy a blue model Y and wreck your false views on the strength of Tesla's magnetism. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,905  
Just don't buy a blue model Y and wreck your false views on the strength of Tesla's magnetism. :)
I'm sure you're correct...to the right species!
2024_03_26_11.15.18.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,906  
Just a few "magnets"...for the right girl!
2024_03_26_11.21.13.jpg
2024_03_26_11.22.13.jpg
2024_03_26_11.22.47.jpg
2024_03_26_11.23.53.jpg
2024_03_26_11.25.13.jpg
2024_03_26_11.26.11.jpg
2024_03_26_11.28.12.jpg
2024_03_26_11.29.31.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,907  
Cars today all look the same to me. The older American steel, the older you get, the more style and shape they had. Love it, love them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,908  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,909  
Cars today all look the same to me. The older American steel, the older you get, the more style and shape they had. Love it, love them.
Wind tunnels all produce more or less the same results.