Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,792  
Oh no offense at all. Yes something will stick and make it to production….but we dont know how long it will take, or what it will be. 2030 is 6 years away…it would take at least a few of that just to bring new battery tech to market. We will see I really hope you are right. On the EV side battery tech is really what holds them back from mass acceptance.
The war on cancer and the war on crime has been an abject failure for the past 40 years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,793  
Shell to shutdown 1000 gas stations

Uh oh. Well maybe gas and diesel will continue to drop in price as more people drive EV's.
I thought we determined the filling station model for charging EVs does not work.
2% of the gas stations to close, probably no closings/conversions in Texas but mostly China, Europe and California.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,796  
A sad case because a child lost mother.

I comment on this when it first was reported, stating she was either drunk or on drugs. Blaming the Tesla driving system was a stupid "hit piece".

I am getting a bit fed up with the recent "trash EVs" press we are (or at least I) am seeing. EVs are not evil. Our government may be evil, it is definitely corrupt, and we are pissing away money "promoting" EVs but those are not EV issues...those are people issues.

There is a lot of BS from both sides of the EV narrative.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,798  
I grew up getting my hair cut with hand clippers. Then one day my dad had enough money to get some electric clippers. They drove up our electric bill somewhat but my dad came up with the money to pay the extra light bill and kept using electric clippers.

Technology is not evil. How we use technology however can be for the betterment or worsening of human conditions.

I expect EVS will cease to be a thing because of superior technology a long time before the last ICE car goes away.

Rate of change is only starting to pick up steam but it has left the station. The crude starship is a current example.

We can try to cling to the past, but if we stay alive it'll be jerked out of our hands.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,800  
one day my dad had enough money to get some electric clippers. They drove up our electric bill somewhat but my dad came up with the money to pay the extra light bill and kept using electric clippers.
Ok. I’ll bite.
Cutting your hair with clippers for 10 minutes a few times a year, drove up the electric bill??