Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,661  
I did not put it in quotes so why do you look for it? The article says that battery longevity is connected to the number of charges and discharges including partial discharges.

I believe Grumpcat thought you were quoting or summarizing the article since you have no clue about EV ownership and operations.

You stated:
Do not charge your EV every day for longevity.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,662  
My neighbor that has the "Y" was critical of the Navigation system because of the cost of the updates, and because he could not plug in his phone and use Apple CarPlay navigation. But he also did not know the length (time) of the battery warranty. So Tesla owners What is the cost of the NAV updates and can you really not use Apple CarPlay?

Either you misunderstood your neighbor or your neighbor is so lazy that he can't either look at his Tesla app on his phone which gives you the warranty information or can't do a simple Google search.

I have no clue what is meant by "because of the cost of the updates". The updates are completed through wi-fi and I have my updates set to automatically occur as they come out. You don't pay for the updates and I haven't yet experienced any issues.

I am not concerned with Apple Carplay as I use Spotify.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,663  
But then they would have sunk... And pandering costs $$. All tax payers fund the re election of a President through the tax code. Student loan forgiveness?? I bet that reduces inflation too 😂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,664  

To me, the R2 is much more aesthetically pleasing. It actually looks like an SUV, and not a pregnant sedan.

Our grocery bill doubled since pre covid, but it was alleviated a bit when my daughter finished school and moved out. We rarely eat out, we have a really detailed budget, and it's easy to spend $30+ at Burger King with three people. That, is insane.

The more money we spend, that we don't have, the worse it will become. My daughter isn't concerned about the environment, as much as she is concerned about how to afford to live. Our 8 acres was purchased for $50k, 6 years ago. Today, it's about $200k for the land alone... Not to mention the home and 40x60 shop we built. Hard for folks starting out, to get a start. The best thing we did for both of our kids, was to make sure they enter adulthood with zero debt. No car notes, not college loans... The rest is up to them. They will probably replace their current cars with low mileage ICE vehicles, because that is the most cost effective option at the moment.

Why are you worried about inflation since you stated earlier that (referring to the Tesla Y):
We could cash purchase 10 tomorrow.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,666  
Love it. So easy

No traffic during the demonstration

Neighbor just happens to be there at the right time for the handoff.

One car is parked backwards on the street

Simply bend over, and carefully fish your cable through it twice each day. More fun on rainy days

It’ll work great in the winter with snow and ice

No worries about someone slipping on the smooth steel

??? Ingenious solution. Sort of like a
lactiferous gland on a Musa acuminata.
“We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them.” -- Albert Einstein

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,668  
For those ICE haters, who I pointed out, the fact that not everyone in the suburbs or county , have open garage spots for EV charging. There’s cities…
First 9-1/2 minutes are relevant and pretty humorous

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,669  
For those ICE haters, who I pointed out, the fact that not everyone in the suburbs or county , have open garage spots for EV charging. There’s cities…
First 9-1/2 minutes are relevant and pretty humorous

I don’t know many New Yorkers but none of them own any type of car.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,670  
Prove it.
I say you’re wrong again.
EV’s won’t get that change until 2026.
You’re probably confusing EV’s like Teslas, with hybrids.
But hey, you’re not one to let little factual details get in your way.

For 1990 and Newer Model Passenger Cars, Light Duty Trucks, Medium-Duty Vehicles, and Medium Duty Engines the warranty is 10 years/ 150k miles battery or other energy storage device

This has been the rule since before 1990.

Again, your ignorance is showing. You know little beyond a Google Search, and don't know how to do that very well.