Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,442  
I love Elon. Just not an EV fanboi

If u can’t afford one don’t hate.

EVs would work for almost every homeowner that can charge at home and typically drives less than 50 miles per day.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,443  

EVs would work for almost every homeowner that can charge at home and typically drives less than 50 miles per day.

Can't afford one? 😂😂

We could cash purchase 10 tomorrow. Never said I can't afford one. Nor did I say it "wouldn't work" for me. Ive actually stated we are considering one. I have said it wouldn't save me money.

I mean a bicycle would work for a lot of folks... But might not be optimal. Working for, and being the best choice for, are different ideas entirely.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,444  
Tesla isn’t the only car company not providing spare tires. I bought a spare tire and jack kit for my Tesla as I did my GM Bolt.

And who charges their EV with a 110V at home?

Tesla refreshed the Y last year with better suspension. My Y rides better than any other car I’ve owned.

Battery warranty on a Tesla is a simple Google search. 8 yr, 120,000 miles.

View attachment 857368
Isn't it funny that despite me not being a Tesla owner ( thank God) my Google search sends me right to Tesla and as per pic you see its not do simple Trad, it depends on which model ! And also it has qualifier that warranty only promises battery will maintain 70% capacity
Screenshot_20240315-200845_Samsung Internet.jpg
.....so by napkin math considering experts like you also tell us you charge only up to 80% and don't let go below 10% ......so conservatively a worn battery at 70% would only have roughly 50% of it capacity actually usable and significant range impacts. of course ....but I am sure us EV realists are just morons and idiotic thinking this way eh Trad ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,446  
Also, to be fair, MOST people don't have money to afford a new car... But they get them anyway, by letting the bank rent it to them for 72 months 😂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,447  

That is hilarious which is why I read this thread at times . Although we don't qualify for any tax credits we could buy a "few" Tesla toys. There are a few nice EV owners here, however, those with a nasty attitude isn't conducive to ever purchasing one.
There are those who drive Hummers, Bugattis, Rolls, etc. and affordability is irrelevant, they just don't serve our purpose and lifestyle.
We love working outdoors but this morning started to rain so we took a day trip. I got brownie points from the wife, no range anxiety while getting 44 m.p.g.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,448  
Also, to be fair, MOST people don't have money to afford a new car... But they get them anyway, by letting the bank rent it to them for 72 months
Well...except my wife & I 52 years ago each bought a new car which we financed...but never again since.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,449  
If u actually owned a Tesla you would know that to lift a Tesla with a Jack or on a lift you have to use rubber pucks. Discount tire uses these as I can attest from my last rotation.

I keep for of these pucks in my frunk.
Yep they look like this installed in use.
These cars are heavy and very stiff structured.

Attachments

• PXL_20230319_180224037.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230319_180224037.MP.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,450  
Isn't it funny that despite me not being a Tesla owner ( thank God) my Google search sends me right to Tesla and as per pic you see its not do simple Trad, it depends on which model ! And also it has qualifier that warranty only promises battery will maintain 70% capacityView attachment 857386 .....so by napkin math considering experts like you also tell us you charge only up to 80% and don't let go below 10% ......so conservatively a worn battery at 70% would only have roughly 50% of it capacity actually usable and significant range impacts. of course ....but I am sure us EV realists are just morons and idiotic thinking this way eh Trad ;)
Good grief! That's like buying a new ICE vehicle only to have the warranty null and void if the engine has 30% wear. It comes with 150,000 mile warranty but if it burns or leaks more than a pint of oil between changes you are s.o.l.