Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,431  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,432  
I doubt even California.
Let’s wait for a linked article…

I’m stepping out on a limb and saying it isn’t true without proof

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,433  
In the meantime…..

According to a study by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the biggest electric vehicle (EV) buyers are:

“1. Single-family homeowners: They account for the largest share of EV purchases, as they have easier access to charging infrastructure and often have more disposable income.
2. Townhouse owners: They come in second, as they also have relatively easy access to charging and often have similar demographics to single-family homeowners.
3. Condominium owners: While they may face some challenges with charging infrastructure, many condominium complexes are starting to install EV charging stations, making it easier for owners to adopt EVs.
4. Apartment renters: They are the smallest segment of EV buyers, as they often face challenges with charging infrastructure and may have limited access to dedicated parking spaces.”

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,434  
In the meantime…..

“According to a study by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the biggest electric vehicle (EV) buyers are:

1. Single-family homeowners: They account for the largest share of EV purchases, as they have easier access to charging infrastructure and often have more disposable income.
2. Townhouse owners: They come in second, as they also have relatively easy access to charging and often have similar demographics to single-family homeowners.
3. Condominium owners: While they may face some challenges with charging infrastructure, many condominium complexes are starting to install EV charging stations, making it easier for owners to adopt EVs.
4. Apartment renters: They are the smallest segment of EV buyers, as they often face challenges with charging infrastructure and may have limited access to dedicated parking spaces.”

That sounds right to me.

None of the Autoline regulars seemed to believe it either.

What I could find about him and the study.
Looks like another for profit Think Tank.

Several years of studies but can't find how or what the parameters were.

K.C. Boyce, VP, Automotive & Mobility and Energy, Escalent

Grain of salt added.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,435  
Talked with aa neighbor down the street that I noticed has a Tesla Y. He had two negatives he did not like about the car. But overall seemed satisfied with it. He did however said his son has the EV Hyundai IONIQ and his son really likes it and it's a better value than the Tesla. Has was disappointed in the ride of the Tesla and for the price paid was thinking it would ride more like a luxury car than like a truck. He also had a bad experience with a Flat. The flat fix kit that came with the Tesla did not inflate the tire and he had to call Tesla service. They came and picked up the car and took it to Austin (30 miles away) and fixed the tire. He then had to drive over there with his ICE to pick it up. He really thinks they should put a small spare in the Y for that price. He also had to add a 220 plug in his garage because he said the 120 that was originally in the garage took 4 days to charge the car. He said it was fun to drive and the battery will last hundreds of thousands of miles but when I asked him how many years was the battery warranty he did not know.

Tesla isn’t the only car company not providing spare tires. I bought a spare tire and jack kit for my Tesla as I did my GM Bolt.

And who charges their EV with a 110V at home?

Tesla refreshed the Y last year with better suspension. My Y rides better than any other car I’ve owned.

Battery warranty on a Tesla is a simple Google search. 8 yr, 120,000 miles.

IMG_4231.JPG

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,436  
I've read some owners won't take the car to one, due to concerns about damage to the batteries on a lift. I don't know if that is a valid concern, because I'm not a professional tire changer

If u actually owned a Tesla you would know that to lift a Tesla with a Jack or on a lift you have to use rubber pucks. Discount tire uses these as I can attest from my last rotation.

I keep for of these pucks in my frunk.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,437  
I agree the suit and result is awful. I don't think it has much bearing on the drop in stock price though. There just isn't anything positive to keep the price up and Elon doesn't seem to be concerned with shareholder's pain.

You would be a fool not to buy Tesla stock (if u are into buying individual stocks) right now while it’s discounted so much.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,438  
This story is a day old. The news isn't any better today. TSLA is off 33.6% YTD as of this post.

Elon Musk’s TSLA is now the worst performing S&P 500 stock YTD​

I know, it's not news because stocks go up and down :ROFLMAO:

OMG! I better sell my Tesla now!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,439  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,440  
If u actually owned a Tesla you would know that to lift a Tesla with a Jack or on a lift you have to use rubber pucks. Discount tire uses these as I can attest from my last rotation.

I keep for of these pucks in my frunk.

I heard this from acquaintances that own Teslas. I thought they would be experts, because they own them and are the only ones with valid opinions, seemed stupid to me, but I don't own one, so what do I know? 😂