Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,401  
I t
This story is a day old. The news isn't any better today. TSLA is off 33.6% YTD as of this post.

Elon Musk’s TSLA is now the worst performing S&P 500 stock YTD​

I know, it's not news because stocks go up and down :ROFLMAO:

didn't help that a person with "9" shares sued over Musk's pay package and the lawyers want 6 Billion in TESLA stock.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,402  
I t

didn't help that a person with "9" shares sued over Musk's pay package and the lawyers want 6 Billion in TESLA stock.

Unbelievable.
I agree the suit and result is awful. I don't think it has much bearing on the drop in stock price though. There just isn't anything positive to keep the price up and Elon doesn't seem to be concerned with shareholder's pain.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,403  
You know Elon does not want to drive down the price of Tesla but to drive up the production of Tesla so he can hit his 2016 gold to sell 20 million EVS in 2030 profitablely. I expect he will be successful since he has no competition today. And the other players are running backwards instead of forward towards the goal.
No competition? I assume you are excluding Chinese companies when you make that statement.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,404  
Talked with aa neighbor down the street that I noticed has a Tesla Y. He had two negatives he did not like about the car. But overall seemed satisfied with it. He did however said his son has the EV Hyundai IONIQ and his son really likes it and it's a better value than the Tesla. Has was disappointed in the ride of the Tesla and for the price paid was thinking it would ride more like a luxury car than like a truck. He also had a bad experience with a Flat. The flat fix kit that came with the Tesla did not inflate the tire and he had to call Tesla service. They came and picked up the car and took it to Austin (30 miles away) and fixed the tire. He then had to drive over there with his ICE to pick it up. He really thinks they should put a small spare in the Y for that price. He also had to add a 220 plug in his garage because he said the 120 that was originally in the garage took 4 days to charge the car. He said it was fun to drive and the battery will last hundreds of thousands of miles but when I asked him how many years was the battery warranty he did not know.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,405  
Talked with aa neighbor down the street that I noticed has a Tesla Y. He had two negatives he did not like about the car. But overall seemed satisfied with it. He did however said his son has the EV Hyundai IONIQ and his son really likes it and it's a better value than the Tesla. Has was disappointed in the ride of the Tesla and for the price paid was thinking it would ride more like a luxury car than like a truck. He also had a bad experience with a Flat. The flat fix kit that came with the Tesla did not inflate the tire and he had to call Tesla service. They came and picked up the car and took it to Austin (30 miles away) and fixed the tire. He then had to drive over there with his ICE to pick it up. He really thinks they should put a small spare in the Y for that price. He also had to add a 220 plug in his garage because he said the 120 that was originally in the garage took 4 days to charge the car. He said it was fun to drive and the battery will last hundreds of thousands of miles but when I asked him how many years was the battery warranty he did not know.

Can't a regular tire shop fix a Tesla tire?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,406  

I've read some owners won't take the car to one, due to concerns about damage to the batteries on a lift. I don't know if that is a valid concern, because I'm not a professional tire changer

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,407  
No competition? I assume you are excluding Chinese companies when you make that statement.

Globally they have plenty of competition it seems. And auto manufacturers are global entities. In my town, Value Market has no real competition... But if you go to the next county, they do 😂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,409  
Yes.

However most EV tires these days have a foam blanket at the tread. Is just that the tech has to cut the foam out from around the puncture, make the traditional patch, then one is supposed to glue the foam back over the plug.