Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,371  
The people in CA get what they deserve. They elect fools so what do they expect? Power surcharges are going to be nothing.

Soon to come. Subsidies for homes for illegal immigrants…err...undocumented people…err…I mean newcomers…

I expect they will all need EVs too.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,372  
It's a very rare event when someone I support is elected...

There was a time when I was attending city council meetings, speaking at meetings, etc...

Learned a lot and what I learned is rarely are things decided at the meetings because they have already been decided.

One technique is to hold over items if the crowed is out in full force and keep doing so a few times and by the 4th time there is no crowd... speaking at 2 am after showing up at 6 pm is another reality...

Just saying for most items a simple 50 percent plus 1 carries the day...

And if the powers that be are unhappy there is always the courts to fall back on...

Right now the powers to be decided California future is electricity and it's a full court press...

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,373  
The means tested utility rate concept is expected to spread to other areas both in substance and geographically...

EV automakers are bracing for it because traditionally they are employed professionals and electricity surcharges are going to bite...

You heard it here on TBN

Many of my well off friends and coworkers have left and continue to leave... but exiting also comes with challenges as California will follow you to the ends of the earth unless ALL ties are severed... assets, bank accounts, auto titles, cell phone providers, doctors, memberships etc...

I know folks where it took years to severe ties and no longer have to file CA returns.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,374  
The people in CA get what they deserve. They elect fools so what do they expect? Power surcharges are going to be nothing.

Soon to come. Subsidies for homes for illegal immigrates…err...undocumented people…err…I mean newcomers…

I expect they will all need EVs too.
Keep electing a clown. Live in clown world.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,376  
This thread is funny, it has both a “distain for successful people” feel and “Im a successful person and taxes aren’t fair vibe” both at the same time.(and sometime from the same people)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,377  
The more you make the more it will cost to recharge your EV in California. Your income will determine your electrical surcharge.

"Households earning $28,000-$69,000 would be charged an extra $20 to $34 per month. Those earning $69,000-$180,000 would pay $51 to $73 per month, and those earning more than $180,000 would pay a $85-to-$128 monthly surcharge.

That's a lot considering California’s electricity rates are already among the highest in the nation. People living in California have been paying 32 cents per kilowatt-hour compared to the national average of 18 cents,"

I read some articles advocating for that. What a boat load of horse manure. Equity, carbon, sustainability, cheaper electricity( one article then contradicts itself and ends saying “ of course, electric rates will remain high to encourage conservation).
California already has a state income tax. Hello..
Simply change the income tax brackets…but no....Way better is to get utility companies involved in income taxing. That’s a much more convoluted, privacy invasive method.
Don’t stop there. Have supermarkets charge for your groceries based on their data of your previous income tax filing. Gas stations, cable bills, cellphone service…Why not, why stop with just the electric bill?
Free electricity for illegal immigrants I hope

Last edited: