Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,311  
The story seems far fetched to me. As soon as you realize you are in the wrong gear you step on the brake...so how does the car "zip" in the wrong direction. And no one mashes the accelerator doing a three point turn.

Tesla owners will chime in.

I see this as a "hit piece" on Tesla or a cover up for the lady being either drunk or on drugs and not in control. If the touch screen had given her problems in the past, either get it fixed or buy a car that is not controlled via a touch screen. She was unable to drive it safely. The good news is she did not kill anyone else.
“Unfortunately, it can’t explain the details of how to figure out Tesla’s dumb touchscreen shifter.”

Yeah, that’s obviously not unbiased “journalism “

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,312  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,313  
I’m sick of yall bad mouthing “the grid”. Yall wouldn’t say it to its face! ;)

Dear grid. Please know I respect you and have your back.
Its a talking point their masters have ordered.

Is throwing mud on the barn to see what sticks. Badmouthing The Grid seems to stick largely because utilities are not allowed to contribute to political campaigns so no politician sticks up for them.

We still have a generating surplus at night. Regressive areas still have T.O.U. billing to try to get consumers to move consumption to night. And NEM 3.0 which mandates storage on PV systems so as to buffer during high demand.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,314  

According to sources close to MoparInsiders.com, the HEMI engine won’t be totally gone from the Stellantis portfolio. The current 6.4-liter HEMI® V8 in the Ram Heavy Duty trucks will remain as the lone HEMI option.

Maybe this will help other sleepwalking CEOs wake up and quit pumping up Tesla.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,315  
It's called worse case scenario not guessing. I But if I knew how many apartment dwellers use a charging station and how many charging stations are available then it would be fact.
12 Supercharger bays for 491,000 residents here.

Yet Teslas are pretty common on the streets. Must be charging at home.

Renters in this engineering town are either finding apartments with EV charging or know not to bother.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,316  
You read it wrong, or worded it wrong here:
It says looking at only those with an EV, only 10% were single vehicle.

Total Households owning only EV’s would be a significantly lower percentage
It says 10% of those with only a single vehicle have an EV.

It says 60% of those with an EV also have an ICE.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,317  

Nope.

“Figure 1 describes the number of vehicles per
household. Only 10% of U.S. households with an
EV are single-vehicle households”

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,318  
The story seems far fetched to me. As soon as you realize you are in the wrong gear you step on the brake...so how does the car "zip" in the wrong direction. And no one mashes the accelerator doing a three point turn.

Tesla owners will chime in.

I see this as a "hit piece" on Tesla or a cover up for the lady being either drunk or on drugs and not in control. If the touch screen had given her problems in the past, either get it fixed or buy a car that is not controlled via a touch screen. She was unable to drive it safely. The good news is she did not kill anyone else.
I don't know about the latest update of the X but the Y has both electric and fully manual door releases.

My old S had an electrically assisted manual release.

In both Y and S the electric part lowers the window an inch to get it out of the weather seal.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,319  
Finally, some of the experts are getting on board with my prediction 😅

Sell Tesla Stock. Analyst Slashes Target 38% Saying the EV Maker Isn’t So ‘Magnificent.’​

Tesla stock is falling, adding to recent investor pain, after one analyst on Wall Street slashed his sales and earnings estimates—and his price target. He sees too many headwinds to stay neutral on the stock.

Wells Fargo analyst Colin Langan downgraded Tesla stock to the equivalent of Sell from Hold Wednesday. His price target went to $125 a share from $200, down almost 38%.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,320  

It is talking about a specific ICE. If you look at the chart it says 89%.

"Table 1. Other vehicles.
Among U.S. households with an EV, what percentage also have?
Another vehicle of any type 90%
A non-electric vehicle of any type 89%"

(etc . . .% of other specific ICE vehicles)
"A non-electric SUV, truck, or minivan 60%"

Last edited: