Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,291  
Most likely the ICE driver will top off right before the storm like everyone does and there will be lines but not as long of a wait that the apartment EV drivers have to wait for a charger to become available and then a longer while waiting to recharge. I'm sure the news media, that have turned on Musk, will all show the EV lines that move very slowly and have interviews with anxious EV owners right before the storm.
So you are guessing again. Not a question.

Bad weather lines at gas stations are pretty severe around here. Our apartment renters are smart enough to find apartments with the ability to charge, or not buy an EV.

There is only one Tesla Supercharger site in metropolitan area of 491,000. Superchargers are not Gas Stations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,292  
I agree. The hybrid approach is the best way to go until all the issues associated with a totally electric society are resolved.
There you go, making general decisions (mandates?) for everyone else because somehow you are more enlightened than the unwashed masses.

I hear tell from some corners that diesel is superior to gasoline in every way. Same sort of mistaken logic as above.

There are no issues to resolve "with a totally electric society" as such is never going to exist, just as there will never be a totally gasoline, or totally diesel, or totally coal society.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,293  
Tesla is so far behind in this race.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,294  
This could help slow ICE death spiral.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,295  
Just for fun ...

EVs915.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,296  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,297  
I'm so old I remember the ICE lovers hating on hybrids. Not so long ago, 20 years. Now hybrid is the salvation of ICE.
Good job. You were actually a bit funny here.

Back to business:
bdh….?’s response, was to the idea of PHEV’s, not hybrids, which didn’t even exist 20 years ago.

Today’s hybrids, or the ones from 20 years ago, are really nothing more than a glorified heavy ICE vehicle that gets a little better gasoline mileage. They still get 100% of their energy from an ICE. A real baby step.

Plug in hybrids, like we’re talking about, really do offer something unique. They’re the worst of both worlds (complexity) , and the best of both worlds ( choice of energy source). Like a tri-fuel generator, you can run all the time on plug in electricity, or all the time on gasoline, or a mix.

Given the sad state of our electrical grid, and the unrealistic expectations to mine the earth for large enough BEV batteries for everyone, I foresee PHEV’s as a good transitional “have it your way” vehicle for the near future

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,298  
I'm so old I remember the ICE lovers hating on hybrids. Not so long ago, 20 years. Now hybrid is the salvation of ICE.
I still hate on them. Not because of the tech, but because they shaped them like Prius's and Insight's. 😛

Actually, I really liked the Volvo Polestar V60, but... the price! :(

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,299  
I still hate on them. Not because of the tech, but because they shaped them like Prius's and Insight's. 😛

Actually, I really liked the Volvo Polestar V60, but... the price! :(
I think the new Prius looks a lot better than the old ones. I would even drive one :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,300  
I’m sick of yall bad mouthing “the grid”. Yall wouldn’t say it to its face! ;)

Dear grid. Please know I respect you and have your back.