Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,171  
That a poster would relish seeing Tesla “worshippers” sucking hind tit shows you how demented are EV haters mind.

Reason why I put these jacka$$e$ on ignore.
Have to respect them to let them under your skin.

They don't get under my skin.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,174  
The standard and free Auto Steer is FSD without all the bells and whistles. FSD will completely map the route including Super Chargers.
All Teslas will map the route through Superchargers as necessary. Is just that one has to drive it manually.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,176  
"Across all categories, “Tesla had the second-worst drivers in the country, with 31.13 driving incidents per 1,000 drivers,” versus 32.9 incidents per 1,000 drivers of Ram vehicles, the report concluded. Subaru (30.09), Volkswagen (27.92) and Mazda (27.74) rounded out the top 5 for driving incidents overall. Mercury drivers had the lowest incident rate of the brands studied."
...Lending Tree...

"Tesla has the highest accident rate of any car. Tesla drivers are the most accident-prone, according to a LendingTree analysis of 30 car brands. It found that Tesla drivers are involved in more accidents than drivers of any other brand. Tesla drivers had 23.54 accidents per 1,000 drivers. Ram (22.76) and Subaru (20.90) were the only other brands with more than 20 accidents per 1,000 drivers for every brand."
...Forbes...

"Report: Tesla Autopilot Involved in 736 Crashes since 2019

The self-driving technology was also implicated in 17 deaths, according to a Washington Post investigation."

"NHTSA has been collecting detailed data on crashes involving driver-assistance technology since 2021. Almost all of the 807 automation-related crashes in this data set involved a Tesla vehicle. Subaru came in second with 23. The Post discovered that four of the 17 Tesla-linked fatalities involved a motorcycle, and one involved an emergency vehicle.
In April 2021, NHTSA asked Tesla for information not just about Autopilot but also specific information "regarding recent crashes involving emergency services vehicles and incidents involving inattentive drivers."
Questions over Autopilot’s ability to see and react to stopped emergency vehicles continued to be a question of concern, and on August 18, 2022, NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) told Tesla it had upgraded its investigation from a Preliminary Evaluation to an Engineering Analysis. The investigation into the 2014–2022 Tesla Model Y, Model X, Model S, and Model 3 remains open and involves an estimated 830,000 vehicles."
...Car and Driver...

"Tesla’s ‘Self-Driving’ System Never Should Have Been Allowed on the Road

Elon Musk’s automatic driving technology seems to be roughly an order of magnitude more deadly than human drivers."
...National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, (NHTSA)...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,177  
Watch as Grump or Trad dispells this...

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,179  
Everything I've read indicates Subaru takes AWD seriously while Honda and Toyota tend to slap something on the car which lets them sell it as AWD.

Those who drive regularly to/from ski resorts probably have the experience to know who does AWD right.

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi were also said to have very good AWD.
It may have changed but at one time it was Subaru, Audi, Land Rover in no particular order for passenger vehicles…

Jeep had the quadra-trac which outperformed rivals.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,180  
My Y is stuck on 2023.44. Says downloading 2024.2.7 the past month or so. Opened a service ticket. Reply said they will look into it remotely to see if it can be solved. Else a service call will be needed.

I do not have a FSD subscription.
I take it you already did the 2 button steering wheel reset and tried again?

Been on 2024.2.7 for a week or so.
That is Interesting because the update install screen showed up while in town driving so when home I enabled the install but next day noticed it had not installed, enabled it again and made sure to leave the car alone for a 1/2 hour and it was installed.

I am not sure if it cancelled the update because I forgot something and had opened the trunk.
It may have changed but at one time it was Subaru, Audi, Land Rover in no particular order for passenger vehicles…

Jeep had the quadra-trac which outperformed rivals.

Jeeps 'original' Quadra-Trac came out in 1972 :)
Very Good snow rig with it imo

Last edited: