/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,012  
Another "photoshopped" GM van.
2024_03_07_11.22.44.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,013  
Maybe tesla owners could explain this?
emoji38.png
View attachment 856147

No secret there.

It is well known Tesla has been using gas powered vans to haul equipment and service items for their mobile service program from day 1.
I guess Tesla won't get that $7500 credit.

Pretty hard to fit a full set of tire sizes a tire machine and balancer in a Model Y let alone all the other diagnostic tools, jacks, and other spare parts.

Mystery solved, and no, I doubt Musk will get amazon electric service vans from Jeff.
Given more time it would not be surprising to see the service vehicles be shifted to electric, but doubt Tesla will do that until they build their own.

You forgot diesel powered semis, car haulers, trains and cargo ships too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,014  
No secret there.

It is well known Tesla has been using gas powered vans to haul equipment and service items for their mobile service program from day 1.
I guess Tesla won't get that $7500 credit.

Pretty hard to fit a full set of tire sizes a tire machine and balancer in a Model Y let alone all the other diagnostic tools, jacks, and other spare parts.

Mystery solved, and no, I doubt Musk will get amazon electric service vans from Jeff.
Given more time it would not be surprising to see the service vehicles be shifted to electric, but doubt Tesla will do that until they build their own.
What about a Tesla semi, isn't Pepsi or somebody using them now? I'm sure those are old photos.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,015  
You forgot diesel powered semis, car haulers, trains and cargo ships too.
Tesla is using BEV semi's. I posted a link to this thread a few months back, of a Jay Leno's Garage episode, in which he drove one, and met with the engineer and chief designer of the truck.

Most trains are EV's, they just carry their own diesel-powered generator with them. The first hyrbrids?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,016  
What about a Tesla semi, isn't Pepsi or somebody using them now? I'm sure those are old photos.

Limited test production under some contract. UIAM they are still building the plant (s) up to more mass produce. Even then they will need Mega chargers for longer routes.

Hauling heavy long distance has always been the bane of electrics (especially Pick up trucks) imo

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,017  
Except heavy batteries.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,018  
Except heavy batteries.
Actually other than the vehicles batteries,
I think Tesla started first hauling battery packs as cargo with the electric semi between Nevada's plant and Fremont.

Known route and conditions.

Tesla will continue to advance, they will sit still about as much as SpaceX does.

Starship launch 3 maybe within a week.