Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,931  
Prime. Not Limited. Big difference. Look it up.

You said no stripped down RAV4 Hybrid exists... Now you are saying no Primes. The LE is a hybrid. So is the Limited. This is just being intellectually dishonest. You chose the ONE model where none exist, the most expensive model, and ignore the others? But now we compare that to a mid range or base Model Y? C'mon man

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,932  
I didn't say Prime. And you said stripped down versions don't exist. They do. The Limiteds do too for $44k. And the stripped down LE model is still AWD.
Point being, I'm not even trying to compare it to the price of a tricked out Model Y. Tesla prices the Base Model Y RWD at $44k... Which is much less optioned than a RAV4 Limited Hybrid. If I compare base models of each, the RAV4 LE Hybrid is around $30k, and still AWD. The base Model Y is $44k and RWD. I can buy a RAV4 Limited for the same as a base Model Y RWD.
Point being the Limited can not run off electricity. Pay attention to what Gale was comparison shopping.

The Prime is what was being compared not a stripped Limited.

The Prime MSRP is $44k. But as I stated, "can't get one for that price" and according to AutoTrader can't get one at any price.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,933  
You said no stripped down RAV4 Hybrid exists... Now you are saying no Primes. The LE is a hybrid. So is the Limited. This is just being intellectually dishonest. You chose the ONE model where none exist, the most expensive model, and ignore the others? But now we compare that to a mid range or base Model Y? C'mon man
You are the misinformed one. You said, "I guess I'm looking at the RAV4 plug in hybrid,"

Plug In Hybrid is not the same as Hybrid. The difference is as great as FWD vs AWD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,934  
Point being the Limited can not run off electricity. Pay attention to what Gale was comparison shopping.

The Prime is what was being compared not a stripped Limited.

The Prime MSRP is $44k. But as I stated, "can't get one for that price" and according to AutoTrader can't get one at any price.
I see 5 available for under 44K and 2 between 44k and 45K

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,935  
That has nothing to do with the depreciation of the asset. All you are saying is the tax payer paid half of your depreciation. The asset still depreciated. The asset still lost 25% of it's value, and the tax payer sent you a check for $7500.
You can't say the car didn't depreciate, because your neighbor sent you a check and you decide to apply it to the depreciation of your car 😂
No it didn't, the cost (for most) is $49,000 - $7500. Is from that point the depreciation starts and salvage value is $37,000 after a year and 18,000 miles? Not too shabby.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,936  
Not saying anything but it's your fault if you don't take advantage of every fool gift the government offers.

My state charges $200/year for EVs, no tax credit for buying.
Are we to assume you're a troll?
I've posted until my fingers hurt:
This is from the IRS:
"To qualify, you must:

Buy it for your own use, not for resale

Use it primarily in the U.S.

In addition, your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) may not exceed:

$300,000 for married couples filing jointly

$225,000 for heads of households

$150,000 for all other filers"

You still don't understand, do you?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,937  
I see 5 available for under 44K and 2 between 44k and 45K
Your link appeared in email but not here.

It linked to a 2024 Toyota RAV4 XLE Premium, not a Prime, not a Plug-in Hybrid. Not a PHEV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,938  
Again. You are conflating the depreciation of an asset to what it costs you personally. If the price before government credits is $49k, and the next buyer pays $37k. The auto depreciated $12k. It has nothing to do with what you get in credits.

See, that car would cost me $49k. No tax credit available. I'd then sell it for $37k a year later. So would you say my car lost $12k in value? Why did my car lose $12k and yours $4500 when they are identical? Now, your carrot to buy was different than mine, surely. But the cars value and depreciation is the same.

If the government bought you the car outright. They paid all $49k... Would you then say that the car will never depreciate? Of course not. Its residual value is still depreciating. After 20 years is worth $7k... Regardless of whether someone purchased it for you.

I bought my daughter her first car. Does that mean it magically doesn't depreciate now? Now it is immune to the laws of mathematics? I mean I paid it in full for her on day one.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,939  
Are we to assume you're a troll?
I've posted until my fingers hurt:
This is from the IRS:
"To qualify, you must:

Buy it for your own use, not for resale

Use it primarily in the U.S.

In addition, your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) may not exceed:

$300,000 for married couples filing jointly

$225,000 for heads of households

$150,000 for all other filers"

You still don't understand, do you?
I fully understand, you do not. But so what if not "everybody" gets the bribe? If Government offers a carrot one is stupid not to take it.

Possibly the greatest economist of all time, Milton Friedman, taught this lesson. That one should suck the teat dry if for no other reason than to kill it. His specific example was subsidized exports. That if Japan wants to subsidize steel then we should buy everything they can make and bankrupt them. We seem to be doing a good job bankrupting China. And our Federal government.