Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,831  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,832  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,833  
This is why "some" people lauding EVs get a lot of push back. Their priorities do not mesh with what most people want. It results in their conclusions being questioned.
I'd say they "don't mesh with what we want", Don. The older I get, the more I'm realizing that I, or really most people who'd hang out on a tractor forum, do not represent the masses. My 14 year's friends will go so far as to say they probably won't ever need a license, thanks to Uber and FSD. I couldn't even imagine having ever thought that way at that age, I was just itching to get a license and a car!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,834  
I'd say they "don't mesh with what we want", Don. The older I get, the more I'm realizing that I, or really most people who'd hang out on a tractor forum, do not represent the masses. My 14 year's friends will go so far as to say they probably won't ever need a license, thanks to Uber and FSD. I couldn't even imagine having ever thought that way at that age, I was just itching to get a license and a car!
That depends on where you live. Everything a kid would want is at least 30 miles out, except the creek swimming holes. No Uber or delivery of any kind around. Every teen wants a car/truck and license.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,835  
Check Kelly Blue Book, private sale. I used '23 Y good condition 18,000 miles, your zip code, long range all options. I don't know mileage but you could check Kelly.View attachment 855770

"Good" condition?

18000 miles and it is no longer in a higher quality category? IHas it been in an accident and repaired ? I have seen several salvage / reconstruct Teslas for sale.
Something fishy without pictures and a history of this particular car

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,836  
You make a good point.

When I was 14, I would be in the woods and fields with the dog. Hunting, building a little camp with just an axe and knife, foraging for mushrooms/berries...etc etc. I did oil changes on the lawn mower and dads car.

When I was 12, my dad sent me to a farm for two weeks during haying season. I had muscles in my **** after handling bales all day and stacking them in the barn. You don't have trouble sleeping when you work hard. Every time I smell hay, it brings me back to that time 60+ years ago. Best lesson a kid could have.

Today 14 YOs are glued to their "smart" phone getting dumbed down. Some identifying as cats, and way too many wonder what sex they are. They live life though YouTube crap and are brainwashed by MSM and "schools". EV'ers of the future that will save the planet...LOL

I was at a friend's house last night. He said if we ever had to go to war, we would not stand a chance. I fear he is right. It seems the Russians and Chinese are not nearly as screwed up as we are.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,837  

Jim Cramer Sees A 'Breakout' For This Tesla Rival As Hybrid Sales Surge: 'I'm Urging People To Get Long This Thing'​

Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) has reported a significant increase in its monthly hybrid vehicle sales. This has caught the attention of investors and analysts, including CNBC’s Jim Cramer, who sees a potential investment opportunity in the automaker’s stock.

What Happened: On Monday, Tesla Inc rival Ford announced a remarkable 31.5% year-over-year surge in hybrid vehicle sales, further validating the success of its strategic shift. This news has driven Ford’s stock prices up by as much as 4%, reported CNBC.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,838  

Goldman analysts weigh in on Tesla slump, highlight key EV election risk​

Tesla (TSLA) shares moved lower again in early Tuesday trading, extending their year-to-date decline in market value past $200 billion, as the carmaker continues to face demand headwinds and price pressures in a weakened global electric-vehicle market.

Tesla has slumped more than 25% so far this year and is trading at levels last seen in February 2023, as demand in its biggest market has sagged and intensifying competition has elicited a price war among the biggest global EV makers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,839  

Tesla Germany halts work as Musk calls suspected arson 'extremely dumb'​

BERLIN/FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Tesla's European Gigafactory near Berlin halted production and was left without power after what CEO Elon Musk called an "extremely dumb" suspected arson attack that set an electricity pylon ablaze close to the site early on Tuesday

The blaze southeast of the German capital, which did not spread to the Tesla site - the U.S. electric vehicle maker's first manufacturing plant in Europe - was extinguished by the fire brigade, police said.

A Tesla spokesperson confirmed production had stopped and the site evacuated. Tesla's Frankfurt-listed shares were down 2.8% 1308 GMT.

Local media published a letter purportedly from a far-left activist organisation called the Volcano Group that claimed responsibility for the incident, in a 2,500-word attack on Tesla and its billionaire CEO Musk.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,840  
"Good" condition?

18000 miles and it is no longer in a higher quality category? IHas it been in an accident and repaired ? I have seen several salvage / reconstruct Teslas for sale.
Something fishy without pictures and a history of this particular car
What I mean was "for example". Gale's video clip was a guy saying cars have dropped 50% in value. My point was Kelly gives a good idea of value. I thought Gale said his had minor body damage. Simply key in everything on Kelly for an idea.
My 10yo Accent Kelly's value was $8,500, but sold for $10,250.