Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,811  
$2400/yr buys about 700 gallons of fuel. I can drive my F150 14,000 miles for that. Basically, drive it for free!

There is a downside, I need to stay awake at the wheel. Life is full of compromises.

I am judgmental so bear with me. Someone needs to depend on FSD to be able to function, be rich, or be stupid to piss away money like that. I understand you have issues that make FSD a good fit for you, but most people will never spend that.

BTW, I am surprised that for a fellow who plans to live to be over 100, would not plunk down $12k and be set for life....unless you are making more than 20% on investing $12k, or you will keep the car less than 5 years so there is no ROI.
My Tesla is not part of a business venture so there is no ROI concerns. The person that I wind up giving it to may have no interest in FSD. You ever thought about that one. 🙂

When you get ready to retire, don't so you'll have money for free. EVS.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,812  
Since we’re mentioning EV stocks and Enphase was mentioned a few times for solar battery systems for charging.
Check out that one. What a dud.
ENPH 1 year performance…Down 42%
I actually own a few shares. One of my biggest losers
So much for all the California and country wide installations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,813  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,814  

Autoline podcasts cover the growing EV supply chains.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,815  
The last time I checked to outright purchase FSD which is $12,000 per car. I subscribe by the month so I'll pay Tesla $2,400 every year for access to FSD. This does not add cash value to my car but it adds value to the Tesla corporation because that is $2,400 per year at No new cost to them. So if I keep it 10 years that'll be $24,000 in their pocket without them doing any flipping thing except keeping the switch active.
Well Tesla does need to keep a platoon of Lawyers paid to bury the liabilities and injuries FSD causes. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,817  

Sounds like the used car of your choice is getting cheaper.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,819  
If I just paid $50,000 for a new Tesla and now it's worth $25K? If what that guy says is true...
War is hell for both sides. Think of how this factor is hasting the ICE death spiral. I went Model Y because it was a few grand less than the RAV4 plug in hybrid.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,820  
Check Kelly Blue Book, private sale. I used '23 Y good condition 18,000 miles, your zip code, long range all options. I don't know mileage but you could check Kelly.
2024_03_05_00.38.00.jpg