Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,791  
Musk once said Teslas would INCREASE in value. Tesla has gone from selling 80% of EVs purchased in the US, to 55%?

To be fair and honest, he said they'd go up in value after FSD was released, as in the roll-out of FSD would cause cars sold without it to go up in value after receiving that upgrade. Two problems with that:

1. FSD has not received regulatory approval, and it's unlikely it will during the original ownership of any Tesla purchased new in 2019 (when he made that claim).

2. I believe all recent talk of FSD sales has been in the form of a monthly subscription, not a purchased package. So, how would that increase the value of a car, if the buyer isn't actually receiving that value pre-paid?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,792  
I think I’d just plan 200 max if it said 250 PLUS. AND, if you want to respect the like 20-80% recommendation for battery longevity, you now drop to 120 miles. I have a couple friends that own Teslas, and they never charge to 100, or go below 10-20%… further reducing the range.
I think these are two separate issues. For best battery longevity, I think people are trying to usually stay within that 20% - 80% range. But when full range is needed, 100% - nearly 0% is still possible.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,793  
Wonder what this means to the fleet of new hydrogen fuel cell city buses...?

I’m not a believer in hydrogen vehicles. It won’t be the future, that’s my prediction. It’s too convoluted. It’s an electric vehicle, with batteries, and the complexity of making, storing, converting back hydrogen to electricity.
Electric vehicles are the future, for certain. The sun is the originator of our energy. The more direct the transfer of energy from the sun, to the electric motors, the more likely it will win out, in the future.
PV panels to batteries is pretty direct. It’s just the current technology requires a huge heavy battery carried around in the vehicle. That’ll change

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,795  

Ford sales jump 10.5% in February, led by gains in hybrids and EVs​

At the time of this post, F stock is up 4% for the day
TSLA is off 5.35% for the day

"off" of what?
Looks like TSLA stock can be bought at a discount.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,796  
The first rule of How To Lie With Statistics is to quote percentages.

55% of the market today is much more than 80% of the market was yesterday.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,797  
"off" of what?
Looks like TSLA stock can be bought at a discount.
Off of the close Friday, now it's off 7.39% from Friday's close. TSLA shares have dropped about 30% since Christmas 2023. Hope Santa didn't bring you any. :ROFLMAO:

Edit, corrected %

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,798  
Off of the close Friday, now it's off 7.39% from Friday's close. TSLA shares have dropped about 40% since Christmas 2023. Hope Santa didn't bring you any. :ROFLMAO:
That's why you have to look long term.

Buy low, sell high.

tesla_stock_5yr.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,800  
I corrected my post, it's not off 40% from Christmas 2023, more like 30%.
I'm sure when the stock eventually rebounds higher than beginning of 2023 you will be here posting again?
Yeah, doubt it.
What's your beef with EV's? And why do you care so much?