Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,611  
So why are ICE vehicles still 1-2 years salary?

A new ICE in 1977 was about a third of the average household income.

They have not gotten cheaper.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,612  
A different shoebox.
157 mile range…on a good day..

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,614  
That lack of tolerance is ripping our country apart. But that is what "they" want. I cannot say who "they" are because it will offend the snowflakes we have lurking here.

EVs have been used as another way to do that. Selective tax credits that encourage division, unproven "science" wrt to climate change to justify controlling others, politicians getting rich from it, etc etc.

I am a conservative, but that does not make me against EVs. I am smart enough to understand EVs will not work for 100% of the people 100% of the time in my lifetime. At 73, I will be dead when that happens in 2050...or whatever the new "magic date" is for banning ICE.

Americans, in general, are not only poorly educated, but sheep growing ever more dependent on the government. If the government is pushing EVs, that is a red flag that needs to be evaluated and understood.

Proposing EVs as the only vehicles we should be allowed to purchase by some "magic date" is not only wrong but stupid. Yet people buy into it. I suppose this should go in the thread "Signs we are not going to make it".
Mandates is not a term in my vocabulary. I live in the USA and have free will to design the life of my choosing if I do choose to do so.

I own two EVs because my free will to do so. It was not rocket science in my case, but just simple common sense in my mind.

I own 5 tractors because because that was my will. Today my will is changing on my tractor needs and wants. :)

Most all of today's EV options will become like the ICE options of 1924.

I really do not understand why men feel they're under control of other men because that makes no sense in my 73 years of life experience.

My pea brain cannot even imagine what vehicles will be like and how they will be powered in 2050.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,615  
Mandates is not a term in my vocabulary. I live in the USA and have free will to design the life of my choosing if I do choose to do so.

I own two EVs because my free will to do so. It was not rocket science in my case, but just simple common sense in my mind.

I own 5 tractors because because that was my will. Today my will is changing on my tractor needs and wants. :)

I really do not understand why men feel they're under control of other men because that makes no sense in my 73 years of life experience.

My pea brain cannot even imagine what vehicles will be like and how they will be powered in 2050.
So, mandates don't exist as long as your free will agrees with them. That's what I got out of the above post.

What to know about the ban on incandescent lightbulbs​

How am I going to hatch my chicken eggs and keep the chicks warm? How long before they raid my house and arrest me for using incandescent bulbs? ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,616  

???

"The California Air Resources Board (CARB) in August 2022 approved the landmark plan to end the sale of gasoline-only vehicles in the state by 2035. In May, CARB asked the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to approve a waiver under the Clean Air Act allowing the plan to proceed."
https://www.reuters.com › business

Mandates are real and one's free will is limited by legislation. Unless the Ca. plan is overturned there will be few ICE cars left on the road by 2050 and other states will follow, especially if there is a Federal mandate.
Some cars as far back as the late 60s sold new with a smog air pump in the truck to be installed if it was sold in California.
Try finding a standard 60 Watt incandescent light bulb in stores today.
Try to buy absinthe, unpasteurized milk or a copy of "Song of the South".
"Free will" today changes over time.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,617  

🤔

🤔

We’re not?

🤔
Last time I checked, my house and land would be taken from me if I didn’t pay the tax money I’m told to pay , every 6 months.

As far as I’ve figured out, just about every single aspect of millions of aspects of our lives is under control of our government rules/regulations/mandates.
The best you can do is deal with it

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,619  
So why are ICE vehicles still 1-2 years salary?

A new ICE in 1977 was about a third of the average household income.

They have not gotten cheaper.
Two reasons:

1. Consumers and free market forces. Consumers routinely elect options they can’t afford, choosing features over cost.

2. Cost of testing and compliance, for safety, for emissions, for fuel economy targets.

How am I going to hatch my chicken eggs and keep the chicks warm? How long before they raid my house and arrest me for using incandescent bulbs? ;)
Appliance bulbs or infrared bulbs. Both are way better for that application, than a regular incandescent ever was.