Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,191  
Please share your sources I am curious.
The first several hits on Google. Here's just one of many:

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#15,192  
The first several hits on Google. Here's just one of many:

I knew I should not have asked lol. Let's just keep the conversation on EVs..my apologies.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,194  
Does a hybrid need the ICE running to get A/C and Heat?

i am seeing range at 40-45 miles before the battery runs out. Is this correct?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,195  

i am seeing range at 40-45 miles before the battery runs out. Is this correct?
Yes, if on battery only. They use battery for acceleration when ICE is less efficient. Most hybrid cars are 50mpg plus vehicles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,196  
Well there is such a thing as a KSDS update... and

KIA was in a Class action lawsuit on the 2.0 and 2.4 direct injected engines 2011-2019 cars They settled and are replacing engines once certain conditions are met.

" final approval of a class action lawsuit known as In re: Hyundai and Kia Engine Litigation , No. 8:17‑cv‑00838‑JLS‑JDE and Flaherty v. Hyundai Motor Company, et al. , No. 18‑cv‑02223 (C.D. Cal.) allege that 2011–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Optima, 2012–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Sorento, and 2011–2018 and certain 2019 Kia Sportage vehicles suffer from a defect that can cause engine seizure, stalling, engine failure, and engine fire"

My Niece's Sorento was a problem child, and was one of the ones that caught on fire. They fixed the underhood damage, but she did not trust it after that.

Then she almost got took on buying a wrecked used RAM 1500 that the carfax was Completely wrong on That was my fault believing a Carfax. Luckily her brother checked it out and found the front end and radiator core support had been replaced with a bunch of parts from a wrecking yard.. They were selling it as Certified, should have been salvaged rebuilt title and a new paint job..

Finally bought a new RAM and it has been great.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,197  
Depends. Since 2004 Prius has used an electric A/C compressor. Other brands may vary.

The 2004 Prius got cabin heat from engine coolant.

Early Teslas used resistance heat, newer use a heat pump.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,199  
Yes, if on battery only. They use battery for acceleration when ICE is less efficient. Most hybrid cars are 50mpg plus vehicles.
No, they are not. Plenty of 40 MPG or worse hybrids. Many are in name only.

I remember a Mercedes-Benz "salesman" with diarrhea of the mouth claim "Toyota stole everything they know from Daimler" while I was sitting next to the then-new hybrid S Class with window sticker rating of 24 MPG highway. While I owned an honest 50 MPG Prius.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,200  

Admin backing off EV mandates, to secure votes
I've said as much over and over again. The "mandates" were virtue signaling by "leaders" wishing to make a name for themselves with something they would never be around to have to enact.