Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,051  
Why do you think one without money for food or a roof over their is reading your post or have an interest in tractors?
That’s just a distraction you are making from the truth. It’s a forum where much more than tractors are discussed. Stop with the distractions. EV’s are a wealthy man’s toy.

You are reading here because your interest in current and future EV options or did you make a clicking mistake?

I’m very interested in EV’s. I also think your insinuation that I can’t have interest in them is ridiculous. If the G__ment is going to force us to drive them, I’d sure as heck like a say in them! I’m interested in Battleships, but I don’t own one. Ridiculous.

Where did you get the idea that EV sells are on the decline?

Ford & GM EV sales are in the toilet. F-150EV is in the toilet. Those are VERY popular models in the US. Hertz is dumping EVs from rental fleets.
They won’t sell without being backed by huge taxpayer incentives.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,053  
I went by a Ford dealer and they had 15 or 20 electric mustangs. It is not a pretty car to me.
I agree, but, conforming to CAFE standards is next to impossible without selling EVs now, or buying billions of dollars worth of carbon credits. Someone tell me how that's not the government forcing EVs on the public.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#14,054  
Why do you think one without money for food or a roof over their is reading your post or have an interest in tractors?

You are reading here because your interest in current and future EV options or did you make a clicking mistake?

Where did you get the idea that EV sells are on the decline?

#14,055  
EVs can't be for the masses because so few exist today. I stopped considering the 2023 Toyota RAV4 plug-in hybrid when the 2023 Tesla Model Y Dual Motor Long Range became cheaper in price plus Toyota does not have the FSD option. I expect several will go for a $25K Tesla as EV prices continue to deflate.

Plus I ordered the Tesla 14 Jan 2023 and picked it up on 20 Jan 2023 and 22K miles later I am still Fat Dumb and Happy with my Tesla. I have not even done the first oil change yet. Oh the FSD option is worth the $200 monthly fee in my case. It's like cruise control on steroids. 🙂
On my 2024 Subaru Forester we get cruise on steroids for free. It self drives in lanes, brakes, accelerates…works quite well. Same system on the 2022 and 2020 models also. Now I doubt it is as good as Tesla, but I rarely use it anyway. I just dont drive that much. I am sure for those that drive a lot on highway it makes a difference.

Last edited:
#14,056  
I still think EVs are the future…..but until we get battery tech that has better energy density than gas on a car (comparing what we can safely put in either scenario) its not really an Option for most drivers. EVs need to be cheaper AND perform better (range, safety, luxury, every aspect) before mainstream folks are going to swap.

Then we also need a massive grid upgrade and hundreds of thousands of L3 chargers before any of that matters also. Long road.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,057  
I agree, but, conforming to CAFE standards is next to impossible without selling EVs now, or buying billions of dollars worth of carbon credits. Someone tell me how that's not the government forcing EVs on the public.
Ford didn't have to make it ugly though. (Ugly is being generous)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,059  
I still think EVs are the future…..but until we get battery tech that has better energy density than gas on a car (comparing what we can safely put in either scenario) its not really an Option for most drivers. EVs need to be cheaper AND perform better (range, safety, luxury, every aspect) before mainstream folks are going to swap.

Then we also need a massive grid upgrade and hundreds of thousands of L3 chargers before any of that matters also. Long road.
I tend to agree with that but would also add the continued “forced“ tax payer support mentioned by No Trespassing, will always leave me thinking we were dragged into EV’s.

Like what if the gubmit threw BILLIONS into ICE vehicle technology to make them burn cleaner? Perhaps on abundant, domestic natural gas? Or another promising fuel source?

As we all know, batteries, even if they became long range batteries in EV’s require a lot of dirty mining and Chinese technology. They are also prone to failure and expensive to recycle.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,060  
Several of the home health RNs have Mustang EV here... They drive stop to stop all day.

I remember when Ford stopped taking orders on the Maverick pick up... are they still in short supply with a huge backlog of orders?

Last edited: