Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,822  
Automotive stocks are taking it on the chin so far this year, especially Rivian and Lucid.

TSLA -14%
F -8%
GM -3%
STLS -8.6%
RIVN -29.5%
LCID -35%

Toyota is faring better @ +5.8%

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,823  
Sales are down, and government money is drying up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,824  
Sales are down, and government money is drying up.
A friend of mine is general sales manager at one of the largest Dodge dealerships in the country, in fact I think they sell more Hellcats than all other dealers in the sate, combined. In any case, he was talking in 2021 and 2022, about all the crazy "revenge buying", essentially people so fed up with being locked down thru COVID that they were buying cars out of "spite".

I'm not sure if there's any merit to his reasoning, but fact is, car sales went nuts for about a year, there. I suspect what we're seeing now is the natural contraction that will happen, when the majority who wanted a new car has satisfied that itch. Call it the refractory period, if you will.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,826  
Lucid makes quite a car for quite the price and overcomes negatives as far as range, charge time while off the chart performance…

Aside from price I have my doubts a small niche company with low volume has longevity.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,828  
A friend of mine is general sales manager at one of the largest Dodge dealerships in the country, in fact I think they sell more Hellcats than all other dealers in the sate, combined. In any case, he was talking in 2021 and 2022, about all the crazy "revenge buying", essentially people so fed up with being locked down thru COVID that they were buying cars out of "spite".

I'm not sure if there's any merit to his reasoning, but fact is, car sales went nuts for about a year, there. I suspect what we're seeing now is the natural contraction that will happen, when the majority who wanted a new car has satisfied that itch. Call it the refractory period, if you will.
I saw today that Hybrid sales are on the rise as EVs are declining. They offer a lot of benefit’s. No range issues, fuel savings, and lower acquisition cost.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,829  
I will say that my wife's Suburban is light years easier to service than my Ford Focus RS is. You open the hood on the Focus, you cannot even see the engine whereas the Burb, it's right out there in the open.

Not sure about Fords 'better idea' at all. I think it's more like a bad idea actually. I cannot change the oil without dropping the shield underneath and I dread having the alternator taking a dump as well. The alternator is down underneath the motor and you have to remove the steering rack to get to it. Her Suburban on the other hand, everything is easily accessible like it should be. I could actually sit on the fender and dangle my feet in the engine bay. The Focus, never. At least from a serviceability standpoint, GM is light years ahead of Fords. Granted, it don't get good fuel mileage but it is after all a tank with a big V8. I believe it's getting about 18 mpg average. Not my concern as I don't gas it anyway and she's very happy with it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,830  
For my new office building I am planning free charging spot for customers.

They might spend with us like 1 hour - talking with sales, picking up parts, etc. That charging session might cost to me like €1. But customer will get energy for 50 .. 60 km. For sure that is something positive for customer

And frankly - coffee for customers could cost +/- the same 😁 And nobody is rising an eye for that 😁
Well that sounds like a good plan. sooner or later people with cars are going to be driving EVS and if my car was charging I might listen to sales pitch a little longer. 🙂