Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,891  
With that addition I like your post! (y)

Sorry. I went back and corrected it. "Elantra Hyundai Accent". Never heard of an Accent so I quoted what I though I saw. Are they similar?
The Accent is the least expensive "gut bucket" , Elantra is next up.
We'll soon replace the Accent hatch with a Venue. Never had trouble from any of the 8(?) Hyundai's we've had. Wife & had identical blue 2014 Accent hatchbacks, traded identical black Mustangs a few years ago, I bought mine back from the dealer.
Wife calls it "the blue poot".
2023_10_28_16.55.55.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,892  
If "home charging and that cost
three to four cents per mile driven. Kilowatt cost at home is just under 11 cents. A couple of the Tesla superchargers that I refilled at was 33 cents a kilowatt another one was 36 a kilowatt."
That means supercharging is three times higher than at home or 12 cents/mile.
My Hyundai Accent averages 35 mpg. Gas here is 3.139/ gallon (today same station it's 3.099/gal.). So 9 cents/mile @ 3.139.
Lucky you, here gas is closer to four and non ethanol premium is ~5 bucks which is what goes into our gas cars.

The Accent is the least expensive "gut bucket" , Elantra is next up.
We'll soon replace the Accent hatch with a Venue. Never had trouble from any of the 8(?) Hyundai's we've had. Wife & had identical blue 2014 Accent hatchbacks, traded identical black Mustangs a few years ago, I bought mine back from the dealer.
Wife calls it "the blue poot".View attachment 829215

How are the newer ones doing in an accident the older Accents did not do very well. but better than the Ford Fiesta
edit:
That is one thing about Tesla's they are Very hard to get one to roll during loss of control, either on their top or after an accident, the second non rolling can be a problem when trying to clear the road way, because a roll back may be needed to move one because in many cases they lock the wheels apparently- which Tesla needs to improve on.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,893  
Just curious as to why you use non-ethanol premium in your car?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,894  
I would if I could find it for older carbureted cars like the 62 Corvette...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,895  

Three of the four are high compression, 1966 Olds 425 High compression four barrel in a 78 Regal Buick, 462 Pontiac with 6X heads off of a "350" Pontiac in the RX7 "high compression", 74 AMX 360 supposedly had the heads shaved before we got it so "just to be safe", the only "low" Compression one is the 73 TA .
All of them sit quite a bit (more than they should) and that ethanol absorbs water and plays havoc with fuel systems when sitting just like it does to a 2 stroke chainsaw or dirt bike imo.
I do run regular in the pressure washer, tracked snow blower, my Golf cart, the JD and Gilson riding mowers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,896  
That's good.

Will your Ranger support FSD and drive itself coast to coast with you only hanging on to the steering wheel?

I don't get the point of your post.
We were on the subject of comparing cost per mile of an Ice and an EV. But OK adding in the monthly cost of FSD the ICE is a bargain on cost per mile and really beats the EV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,897  
Three of the four are high compression, 1966 Olds 425 High compression four barrel in a 78 Regal Buick, 462 Pontiac with 6X heads off of a "350" Pontiac in the RX7 "high compression", 74 AMX 360 supposedly had the heads shaved before we got it so "just to be safe", the only "low" Compression one is the 73 TA .
All of them sit quite a bit (more than they should) and that ethanol absorbs water and plays havoc with fuel systems when sitting just like it does to a 2 stroke chainsaw or dirt bike imo.
I do run regular in the pressure washer, tracked snow blower, my Golf cart, the JD and Gilson riding mowers.
That I could see. (y)

I have no daily drivers in that category. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,898  
You imply an unspoken 'fact' that all his charging will be at Supercharger rate.

In comparing his cost of operation to your gas Elantra Hyundai Accent that forever costs 9 cents/mile, you're skipping over the 4 cents per mile that his car will cost nearly always because he charges at home. As do nearly all EV owners.

Now, run your Elantra Hyundai Accent gas figures using the up to $7/gallon you could find here if you refuel on a trip at a freeway offramp gas station:

WoW and I was complaining about our gas prices

Guess Idaho is in the top eight most expensive states for fuel.
At least our hydro electric power is cheap and I am saving money on fuel "right Now" when the Tesla makes the town trips. Nice to go out in 22F and have a completely warmed up car to start out in versus the others.
Really also like these new fangled heated steering wheels,
That Goes for ICE or electric. Great tech.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,899  
That I could see. (y)

I have no daily drivers in that category. ;)

Well "daily" driver when partially retired is a nebulous. Area...

With winter about here, it will be just the 2 trucks and Model Y
Kids and grand kids have Jeeps. If I did not have the Y I would have a newer Jeep GC of some sort

Last edited: