Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,381  
"Free Will " will not exist in regards to EV mandates, except if negativity message towards EVs is continued in each country these mandates are being flexed . The EV crowd of course will say the mandates will not happen.....EXCEPT that just the threat of them in large population states and other countries is enough to force the long term plans of ICE manufacturers to yield to the foolishness of these Governments that have decided C02 is pollution. And the foolish huge electric infrastructure costs will be borne by citizens that don't want those cars . And taxes on fuel will keep increasing to further force the EVs on us.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,382  
To the suggestions that third shift workers are poor.

Most of the third shift workers around here either work at the steel mill or paper mill and definitely make enough money to buy an EV if they wanted.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,383  
Huh? Not blaming, stating facts. I looked at the report a few years back and have no opinion on its merits, but obviously you've read it since you claim it's "flawed". Please explain how it is flawed.

The government spends money for a study and then buries it because some don't like the result only to resurrect it again later. Doesn't matter who is in office, they all do it to suit their political whims, not what is best for the country. That is the point, that getting the grid upgraded has many road blocks, not the least of which are politicians and their flunkies.
"the report first came out in 2018 it was buried by the previous administration because it was deemed unfriendly to coal." - cub 7275

Sounds like the fault/blame was the previous administration for burying it. And if that was the case why hasn't the current administration taken it up. The flaw is in the project's failure to arouse implementation from the federal government even from opposite administrations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,385  
To the suggestions that third shift workers are poor.

Most of the third shift workers around here either work at the steel mill or paper mill and definitely make enough money to buy an EV if they wanted.
As do healthcare employees that work thirds, but the issue has been taken care of since they can charge early morning at off peak.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,388  
Most people in time will buy an EV because its best for their financial health.
I agree. The government (like the current administration) will make it very expensive to own an ICE vehicle. I'm already looking at which wall I can install the charger. If the administration changes then I can wait a while. Well, at least till it changes back again.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,389  
NO fear here. EV makes no sense in my life at this time. Maybe one day.
I was just parroting what the OP likes to say, not seriously though. "Wanting to live and die in fear plus converting others to live a fear based life boggles my mind."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,390  
As an electronic technician I certainly don't fear EVs. Zero fear. What I fear the most as Ronald Reagan so aptly said "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."
So buy an EV car, truck, tractor, etc. because you want one...not because it's mandated or one buys in to the environmental narrative.
The most foolish argument is spend money to save money! Someone spends $50K for EV car, then charger, then $30K solar panels, etc., then says "I'm driving free on sunshine"...or "It's the same as a gas car that gets 120 mpg".
Uhhhhh....sure! That's brilliant!