Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,571  
I wonder where this is going?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,572  
I got to visit the New York World's Fair twice. The Ford pavilion had the Mustang on display summer of '64. Then we saw them being assembled in Dearborn. My brother thought the unibodies were made of old beer cans.
It would be lots of fun fabricating a frame to handle those heavy batteries, then all the electronics involved, motors, putting body on.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,573  
I've never heard of a '62 Mustang...but converting any ice Mustang to electric is blasphemy! Sounds like guy is a nut!
Oh, well maybe he said 64. I did mention something about aluminum engine blocks, maybe those were from some 62 something or rather.

Oh wait, didn't you say you weren't going to post in this thread anymore? Glad to see you are back.

1962 Ford Mustang 1 Concept Car I'm thinking i still got the year wrong though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,574  
I got to visit the New York World's Fair twice. The Ford pavilion had the Mustang on display summer of '64. Then we saw them being assembled in Dearborn. My brother thought the unibodies were made of old beer cans.
It would be lots of fun fabricating a frame to handle those heavy batteries, then all the electronics involved, motors, putting body on.
I got to go to that one too. I thought the logging gear was pretty cool. Lasers cutting the trees down!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,577  
Thank goodness for Full Self Driving.

And Nissan's SUV EV has had exactly the same problem recently. Is not as if no manufacturer has ever failed to tighten a bolt before.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,578  
A Little Update on the Model Y order.
It has been stuck and then moved out into possibly May.
I tried a different tactic this morning and it seems to have worked.

I edited my Model Y Long Range to a Performance Model Y.
Dropped the 1k white interior and hit the accept button for the new order.

Tonight the app asked for me to accept the Vision system , which I did and "magically" I was finally issued a VIN number with an updated estimated delivery date of march 17-24th.
So ...
If all goes well, I may have a Model Y Performance in the next couple weeks. Still not crazy about those super low profile tires, but the car should be plenty peppy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,579  
And whether they still have to go to a public laundromat to wash their clothes? Or did they demand washer/dryer hookups in their apartments?
We shared a few washer/dryers, was on the ground floor. No cable TV though. I wonder if Internet is provided in any apartments now.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,580  
A Little Update on the Model Y order.
It has been stuck and then moved out into possibly May.
I tried a different tactic this morning and it seems to have worked.

I edited my Model Y Long Range to a Performance Model Y.
Dropped the 1k white interior and hit the accept button for the new order.

Tonight the app asked for me to accept the Vision system , which I did and "magically" I was finally issued a VIN number with an updated estimated delivery date of march 17-24th.
So ...
If all goes well, I may have a Model Y Performance in the next couple weeks. Still not crazy about those super low profile tires, but the car should be plenty peppy.
Congratulations!