Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,731  
The long range only comes with 2170s today. They have one available with the 4680 that's has about 50 mi less of range and they may be fine but I'm going to stick with what they're running the semis on right now 🙂
Some are saying the 4680 is safer to charge to 100% more often making up for the smaller capacity. The 4680 is supposed to be cheaper too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,733  
The bill is symbolic of the insanity of banning ICE vehicles. Read the article again to the end. You guys make us laugh. Thanks for that!
It's good to know you and Elon Musk are in agreement on this subject.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,734  
It's good to know you and Elon Musk are in agreement on this subject.
Yes we are. Also, to attain the numbers of ICE vehicles in 10 years, there would need to be 366 new mines to extract graphite, lithium, nickel and colbalt for batteries.

An EV consumes 6 times the input of materials to build than an ICE vehicle does according to the international energy agency.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,735  
Thank GOD for Henry Ford, can you imagine the thoughts that must have gone through that forward thinking man's head? Thoughts like "How are we going to put gas in these cars"?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,736  
When I ordered in 2013 the "blue" was almost black. I too think I would have ordered Gale's blue had it been available. My Multi-Coat Red is a darker red than I would like but there wasn't really a 2nd choice that I liked.
Dang it You guys, Making me rethink ordering the vanilla wrapper.
When I ordered in 2013 the "blue" was almost black. I too think I would have ordered Gale's blue had it been available. My Multi-Coat Red is a darker red than I would like but there wasn't really a 2nd choice

View attachment 780125
This uploading tool is cool. This was Friday noon the 20th of January the 2023 which was pick up day 6 days after I ordered it.
Good Pic Gale, You have just a bit less white hair than me :)

So how was the drive back ?

Anything stand out that surprised you about the car on the trip?
Were the headlights adequate?
Does the driver seat height seem "high" enough for easy entry?
How did the car track, Did it have good "On Center" feel?

The leaf I am sure was a Great get your feet wet electric, but a new Y has to be a bit of a new ball game.

Congrats on the new Y (y)

ps. Nothing has changed on my order status yet.

I did see they have offered me low mile Y's- that could be quicker delivery , but they all show a $2000 more "notation" and all say the beginning price is over the 55k threshold.

Going to stay pat on my order although do hope I don't tire of the white/black interior after a while.

After the Tesla app loaded it showed me my service center which is in Liberty Lake Washington just under an hour drive.

Can't wait for an update of some sort.

Still wondering if All model Y LR's are built in Austin now, or If residing in the Pacific Northwest M Y's orders are built/filled from Fremont??

edit ps. again A Fremont car would be fine as well.

Most of the Pontiac GTO's I have enjoyed greatly over the years were produced at GM Fremont back in the 1960's when GM car building was arguably at its best.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,737  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,738  
My first thought when I read that was "He doesn't have a dog!" :D
Ruh Roh... actually we do.
I had a pure bread Norwegian Elk Hound- but she passed.
We also have a Blue Chow, Black Lab, Wolf, mix.
The rear section is black if the rear seats are folded down.
If the dog s going to go maybe will look into some covers?

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,739  
Scooby Do!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,740  
I wonder what the projected carbon footprint of an EV is??? I'll spend part of a snowy afternoon in the shop researching that.