Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,991  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,992  
3.5 horsepower!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,994  
2023_01_08_12.22.52.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,995  
But there's a very steep and very fast learning curve for that throttle if they are all interconnected.

Guy did that on one of the local lakes with a smaller sized speed boat. Hooked up 3 oversized outboards and connected the throttle handle to all three engines.

He fired it up. Then, instead of bumping the throttle a touch to see how things responded, he had the major brain fart (hold my beer) and decided to just go for it and go full throttle at once. The engines out ran the front of the boat. Standing it straight up on end and then flipping it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,997  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,998  
Sounds to be expensive but a low power option were traditional fuel motors use are declining.

FWIW...Anyone that has been to 'Crater Lake National Park'...and made the trek down to the lake knows the only boats (tour) allowed on the lake are electric...this was the case when I was there in '72'...they were likely powered by L/A deep cycle batteries...

FWIW...IMO Crater Lake is one of the (after Yellowstone park) most awesome and inspiring national parks...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,999  
I've had in my fishing boat a trolling motor that runs on a series 31 battery. What is the big deal?

All of the series 31 batteries that I have touched weighed more than 16 pounds. The complete unit weighing in at 47 pounds makes it a Luggable for many.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,000  
FWIW...Anyone that has been to 'Crater Lake National Park'...and made the trek down to the lake knows the only boats (tour) allowed on the lake are electric...this was the case when I was there in '72'...they were likely powered by L/A deep cycle batteries...

FWIW...IMO Crater Lake is one of the (after Yellowstone park) most awesome and inspiring national parks...
One person asked about the motor out of my 2015 Leaf SV parts car that was mint inside and out but totalled out by Erie Insurance because of computer errors and it showed a error light with a known good charging cord.

I said no because I expect the car took a surge. A week after we got back from DC picking up the car I came down with COVID and was messed up for a long time but needed the parts so we parted the car out to Savage a new $13,000 battery from Nissan in our 2016 SL.

Apparently Kentucky lake is going to stop fossil fuel boat motor use at some point and he was wanting to set it up with his pontoon boat.