Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,741  
You bought a 3 year old car that parts were still available for and under warranty. The story I mentioned was an 8 year old car and already discontinued, so no parts available.
My battery was discontinued.

We both paid about the same thing but got very different results. We buyers need to be aware. Not all car dealerships are honest for the uninformed.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,742  
I heard of spinning records, now charging at home allows the spinning meter.

View attachment 754797

You be a lucky dude living in AL with a mere 10.5¢/kWh. Try out in CA at 58.5¢/kWh. Run your math on that. My place is at a mere 32¢/kWh.

EVs work great in the south. Good for you! No so good in the north.
Our electric is .14 and I'm in northern Indiana. Not that far from you but a big difference in price.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,743  
You might want to look into your assumptions on who drives cars and where they live.

About 33% of U.S. households live in rental housing, yet 91% of U.S. households have access to at least 1 car.

Are renters not allowed to use electricity where you live?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,744  
There are townhouses all around here, probably 100 cars each one. I don't know how they could meter each car.
Wife grew up in town, parking on the street. Would you run an 200 ft. extension cord from house, down steps & across sidewalk & out to the car?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,745  
My battery was discontinued.

We both paid about the same thing but got very different results. We buyers need to be aware. Not all car dealerships are honest for the uninformed.
Your battery was discontinued, but there was a replacement option. There is no option for the people in the article I posted.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,747  
Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen an apartment OR house that came with a 220V outlet in the garage or on the exterior of the house or building.

My kids both rented houses and/or apartments in college. They both had on-street parking. No place to plug a car in overnight or during the day at school or at their jobs. Now they are out on their own and in rental units. No 220v outlets. One was a townhouse complex with a parking lot.

My current job I park in a lot with a couple hundred other cars. There is 1 electric outlet with a car charger cord that is proprietary for an electric van that was scrapped 2 years ago.

There are less than 25 charging stations in my county that has a population of 270,000, 5 universities, 2 major hospitals, two cities, and several towns.

The University of ND only has 2 and the left one has been broken for a year, according to a recent review. On home game weekends, or the recent Billy Joel concert, the stadium seats 77,000+. 1 charger.

Anyhow, there’s a loooooooong way to go. I read somewhere today that ICE vehicle numbers will not peak until 2035.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,748  
Why would anyone want a cell phone? They cost too much money. There is no signal in rural areas. The call quality is poor, A landline is better and never going away. ....

The future seldom looks like the present.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,749  
Why would anyone want a cell phone? They cost too much money. There is no signal in rural areas. The call quality is poor, A landline is better and never going away. ....

The future seldom looks like the present.
Same line of thinking not too long ago….

Why would anyone want a GPS unit? I can read a map in an atlas.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,750  
Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen an apartment OR house that came with a 220V outlet in the garage or on the exterior of the house or building.

My kids both rented houses and/or apartments in college. They both had on-street parking. No place to plug a car in overnight or during the day at school or at their jobs. Now they are out on their own and in rental units. No 220v outlets. One was a townhouse complex with a parking lot.

My current job I park in a lot with a couple hundred other cars. There is 1 electric outlet with a car charger cord that is proprietary for an electric van that was scrapped 2 years ago.

There are less than 25 charging stations in my county that has a population of 270,000, 5 universities, 2 major hospitals, two cities, and several towns.

The University of ND only has 2 and the left one has been broken for a year, according to a recent review. On home game weekends, or the recent Billy Joel concert, the stadium seats 77,000+. 1 charger.

Anyhow, there’s a loooooooong way to go. I read somewhere today that ICE vehicle numbers will not peak until 2035.
Standard here in thousands of tract homes and custom for the washer/dryer pair.

The California post war rancher typically has the water heater and washers dryer in the garage off of the kitchen…

30 amp 240v standard and many are now doing double duty switching between EV and Dryer