Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,701  
Waiting for a Ford Pinto EV ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,703  
14 years ago…

Sounds like a dirty convert still having a transmission yet impressive. There were not wrecks to rob tran that era. Transmissions consume energy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,704  
Sounds like a dirty convert still having a transmission yet impressive. There were not wrecks to rob tran that era. Transmissions consume energy.
No transmission. The comments say the lurching is switching the motors from running in series to running in parallel. Go watch it on YouTube and read some interesting comments. (y)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,705  

This guy that I have never heard of before is talking about different things in 2060 and he's talking about EV charging infrastructures and he mentions that the charging will be done on the road while driving and mention other things made from crude that are important.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,706  

This guy that I have never heard of before is talking about different things in 2060 and he's talking about EV charging infrastructures and he mentions that the charging will be done on the road while driving and mention other things made from crude that are important.
I didn't watch video but if you had a road with coils under pavement and coil under EV car it could charge while driving by inductive electromagnetism...right?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,707  
I didn't watch video but if you had a road with coils under pavement and coil under EV car it could charge while driving by inductive electromagnetism...right?
Sure. There’s been experimentation on that going on for years. However, it will be too costly.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,708  

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,709  
Just talked with a guy who has had a Tesla for 3 years now. He absolutely loves it. i wonder when we will hit the tipping point when more EVs are sold than ICE vehicles?
I've only had mine since December 2013.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,710  
The tipping point will be if/when fuel prices drop & when people start paying high electric bills, having to buy batteries, locate & wait at a charging station, or get stranded while on vacation.
8.5 years and my P.O.S. Tesla battery is down to 95% of its original capacity. Doom, gloom! Nothing you know about cellphone, laptop, or car starter batteries applies to an EV battery.

Why would I wait on a charging station? I can have 250 miles of range every morning when I leave home. 148 miles last weekend cost $4.95 to my electric bill. Took 30 seconds to charge: 15 seconds to plug in the night before, 15 seconds to unplug before I left.

As for "waiting for a charging station", Tesla has 1430 sites in the USA, most with 8 charging spots, many with 16, others with 32. 98 more are under active construction and 196 are known to have building permits but not yet started.