Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,771  
EV owners don't buy EVs and replace EVs with newer EVs to save the planet. They will buy EVs to help prevent their premature death and also to lower their transportation cost.

Why would I have paid more to get a a high end Toyota Highlander ICE then to get a 330 mi range Tesla Model Y dual motor EV?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,772  
Here is a guy campaigning for Elon Musk to be replaced as a CEO of Tesla.

If one is interested in the future of EVs, this guy would be well worth listening to to learn about the state of the EV industry and the future of Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,773  
EV owners don't buy EVs and replace EVs with newer EVs to save the planet. They will buy EVs to help prevent their premature death and also to lower their transportation cost.

Why would I have paid more to get a a high end Toyota Highlander ICE then to get a 330 mi range Tesla Model Y dual motor EV?
How does an EV prevent premature death?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,776  
You guys must be very very young. 🙂

Let's just take 83 as an average age for a US male. Note 10 people that that did not make it to 83. That you know of or know about or read about or whatever and why they did not make it to 83 and we'll go from there.

Anyone that has been following this thread knows I bought the Tesla to keep from voiding my right to social security checks as long as possible because I delayed 8 years of checks to have a bigger payday today that will pay for the Tesla and other toys or needs with the 18 thousand dollar annual bonus.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,777  
I was wondering the same thing. :confused:
I think it means death by CO2 and other pollutants from burning petroleum.
Right now I have my scientist/chemistry professor brother working on a gallon (6#) gasoline becoming 20# of CO2.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,778  
How does an EV prevent premature death?
In the event of a collision...occupants of a much heavier vehicle are more likely to have lesser injuries than those in a lighter vehicle who are more likely to have more severe injuries...
It's physics...!

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,779  
In the event of a collision...occupants of a much heavier vehicle are more likely to have lessor injuries than those in a lighter vehicle who are more likely to have more severe injuries...
It's physics...!
Ah, now I see the light. I used to hear a lot of people say they were going to buy their teenaged daughter an SUV because "They are safer when they get in an accident." I always felt it was rather hypocritical... they expected it to happen and had no regard for the occupants of the car their kid hit.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,780  
I think it means death by CO2 and other pollutants from burning petroleum.
Right now I have my scientist/chemistry professor brother working on a gallon (6#) gasoline becoming 20# of CO2.
Thank you. I'll admit math was my weakest subject, but the only way I could make that add up was if you used a perpetual motion machine.

I am guessing Moss got that from the EPA website;

• How much tailpipe carbon dioxide (CO2) is created from burning one gallon of fuel?
    • CO2 Emissions from a gallon of gasoline: 8,887 grams CO2/ gallon
    • CO2 Emissions from a gallon of diesel: 10,180 grams CO2/ gallon

That converts to about 19.56 pounds/gallon.