Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,812  
What I cannot understand is what is the purpose or concern with EVs and speed?
The tax incentives are to lower CO2 emissions. EV buyers take advantage of that at taxpayers expense. It's analogous to tax credits for buying ICE vehicles for the purpose of saving petroleum therefore ICE manufacturers build 800+ hp 9 mpg cars & trucks which people buy paying less tax.
(???).
So you are so dense as to still believe the EV thing is all about easy government money. So as to believe the EV thing has anything to do with "the environment".

That the Climate Movement has anything to do with The Climate and nothing to do with creating a totalitarian Marxist economy.

Statements of fact, not questions.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,813  
My problem is idiots find the manual release before they find the electric release.

The manual release opens the latch without dropping the window, which thing forcibly pops out of it's seals. Possibly damaging.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,814  
Don't be wasting brain cells on things you cannot understand. 🙂 Clearly you came along too late to catch the EV wave. As ICE fades grasping the EV era may be easier for you.

Just think if Elon had not come along, we might have waited another century for the EV Era .
Yes we know you used to have a super fast drag car and now you’re happy with 0-60 on 25 seconds but don’t act like fast cars don’t sell. lol.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,815  
I don't think The Cybertruck qualifies for the tax break.?

The sail panels preclude using it to tow a fifth wheel or a gooseneck so bumper or receiver hitch only. It is a sport truck for play close to home imo.
Any qualifying EV...what's the acceleration concern but jimmies on the cupcake at taxpayers dime?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,816  
Don't be wasting brain cells on things you cannot understand. Clearly you came along too late to catch the EV wave. As ICE fades grasping the EV era may be easier for you.

Just think if Elon had not come along, we might have waited another century for the EV Era .
Mark my words...there won't be an ICE "death spiral"...we're not moving towards an all electric future.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,817  
My problem is idiots find the manual release before they find the electric release.

The manual release opens the latch without dropping the window, which thing forcibly pops out of it's seals. Possibly damaging.

Exactly.

My car everybody naturally used the obvious manual releases first, not the lighted push button.
She knew it had manual release and refused to use it.

If she read the manual she would have known not to do an install while trying to use car features. If she had put the car in keep temp or dog mode , it would have refused to install the update.

Knew how warm it was, Sure sounds like she wanted to sit in the car to me.

"but Janel opted to wait, fearing potential damage to her car."

She chose to sit in the car instead of opening the door.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,818  
So you are so dense as to still believe the EV thing is all about easy government money. So as to believe the EV thing has anything to do with "the environment".

That the Climate Movement has anything to do with The Climate and nothing to do with creating a totalitarian Marxist economy.

Statements of fact, not questions.
As per your m.o., you avoid my posts to you a week ago...
2024_04_30_10.29.18.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,819  
An update on the one Actual problem in the ownership of the Model Y on year 2

It was showing a warning that tire pressure was not updating.
Yesterday 3 tires were giving pressures and today the same, except for the left front. These are aftermarket tires wheels.

I bought the TPMS set off of ebay ( advertised as OEM) about a year ago, and it seems one has failed.

Ordered another today and will try switching it out.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,820  
What was wrong with the brakes on a 2019 Y that uses regenerative braking?
I'd assume it has quite low miles at 5 years of age? That seems very premature. I've never installed a new caliper on my jalopies. New caliper pin, yeah, on my daughter's 2003 Oldsmobile...
Nothing that
I always sit in the car to do the update cuz I like to hear the clicking and the clacking.