Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,221  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,222  
I don't get the range obsession. My 2004 diesel excursion gets 880 miles to a tank. It just has a massive tank. EV's are the only thing i care about at range, because at the bottom of the tank, there's a several hour recharge. But gas, i can fill up in under 90 seconds. I've timed it.
Another person that can get gas in just a few minutes !!! Watch out Grumpy and Trad and Gale will tell you that's impossible, and if you argue your world experience .......if your lucky Tradasaurus will put you on ignore ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,223  
I don't get the range obsession. My 2004 diesel excursion gets 880 miles to a tank. It just has a massive tank. EV's are the only thing i care about at range, because at the bottom of the tank, there's a several hour recharge. But gas, i can fill up in under 90 seconds. I've timed it.
Especially since the EV nut huggers claim they charge so fast it really shouldn't deter anyone from buying one!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,224  
Another person that can get gas in just a few minutes !!! Watch out Grumpy and Trad and Gale will tell you that's impossible, and if you argue your world experience .......if your lucky Tradasaurus will put you on ignore ;)
Thinking EV's can replace everything at the current technology is just head in sand. I have an EV now, but i'm certainly not expecting it to replace everything. I still have multiple gas and diesel vehicles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,225  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,227  
Just charge at home overnight. Nobody needs the gas station model. Do away with all the superchargers
Yep I'm waiting for rich first adopters like Grumpy and Trad to give us that tired line.........except the next wave of potential customers ( the middle class with one car only) , need the " gas station model" . But queue Grumpy now .......

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,229  
I do like the idea of using solar cells to help cover the roof. That’s an idea everyone has had, but nobody implemented
Because it only impresses those who do not understand math, science, or engineering.

Under ideal illumination one might produce 300W for about an hour. Perhaps 1100Wh for the day of bright light. About 4 miles of range if charging losses are very low. A Tesla draws 100-200W to power the vehicle systems while charging.

Then add in the weight of a 300W solar panel, at least 50 pounds.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,230  
Looks like it's well planned out. The solar roof by itself gives a 76 mile range? To me that's better than other EVs because you'd never be stranded as long as there's sunshine.
Said "lifetime total". So from the time the car rolled off the assembly line.