Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,471  
Is the battery degradation mostly on miles driven or time. I figure if I bought a Tesla I would only drive it about 10,000 miles a year. Are there any charts that show this?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,472  
Ah yes that Tesla battery warranty with the qualifier that it will have 70 % of its original capability......so roughly 50% of its "when new range" .....when you account for max and min charge percents reccomended.....
To me that's the Achilles heel with EVs...the battery. First charging at home, each morning with "a full tank of fuel"...I get it. That's fine for staying close to home.
I have a '93 F150 farm truck, 300 six, 4 speed with 206K miles. I keep up with fluids, filters, brakes, (maintenance). Between 3K mile oil/filter changes it still shows full on dipstick.
I enjoy working on our 50s-60s cars, making/fabricating things, yard work, horses, etc.
The more things you do the more you CAN do.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,474  
Manipulation of markets through legislation and incentives.

The White House is expected this month to issue vehicle CO2 emissions standards designed to force automakers to increase the share of fully electric vehicles they sell to as much as 60% by 2030.

The November U.S. presidential election puts the White House's EV subsidies and emissions rules at risk, however. Most legacy automakers lose money on EVs and hybrids are a more profitable path to reducing CO2 emissions if a future administration changes course, analysts said.

"Hybrids are a big hedge against an administrative change that cools down the push from a regulatory standpoint," said Mark Wakefield, head of AlixPartners' global automotive practice.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,475  
And who charges their EV with a 110V at home?
Of late, I am.

My Wall Connector is in the garage. Sadly I've filled the space in the garage to park. It reaches outside but that places the car under a tree, and tree sap.

So the Y is on the carport, 120V 15A circuit at 12A.

Building new house. Not going to make the effort to run 240V to the carport for less than a year.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,476  
If u actually owned a Tesla you would know that to lift a Tesla with a Jack or on a lift you have to use rubber pucks. Discount tire uses these as I can attest from my last rotation.

I keep for of these pucks in my frunk.
I used 2x4s on my S.

82A45A60-C659-4A23-A9E0-09AA1D13CCBD_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,478  
If u can’t afford one don’t hate.

EVs would work for almost every homeowner that can charge at home and typically drives less than 50 miles per day.
Oh, I don't know. I don't have trouble with 150 mile days to the new home site. Even when charging on 120V, just can't do 2 days in a row then unless I use the 240.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,479  
Isn't it funny that despite me not being a Tesla owner ( thank God) my Google search sends me right to Tesla and as per pic you see its not do simple Trad, it depends on which model ! And also it has qualifier that warranty only promises battery will maintain 70% capacityView attachment 857386 .....so by napkin math considering experts like you also tell us you charge only up to 80% and don't let go below 10% ......so conservatively a worn battery at 70% would only have roughly 50% of it capacity actually usable and significant range impacts. of course ....but I am sure us EV realists are just morons and idiotic thinking this way eh Trad ;)
At 10 years my 2013 Model S 85 battery was at 93% of original capacity.