Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,631  
When you tie energy to inflation, it is going to be comparable because energy prices feed inflation. As you may have noticed when fuel prices started climbing, inflation also climbed.
You can say that fuel prices are similar when compared to inflation but that is the problem, because fuel prices are one of the biggest factors in inflation. Justifying the high price of fuel because it is going up as fast as inflation is stupid when it causes inflation.
The biggest issue many people see is that not enough is being done to bring the price of fuel down so that inflation can be eased.
If you enjoy high fuel prices then you love high inflation. Unfortunately for many people on fixed incomes inflation affects their retirement in a bad way.
I think everyone agrees getting off of fossil fuels is especially helpful to the poor since western governments can't control the price of fossil fuel supplies.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,632  
I think everyone agrees getting off of fossil fuels is especially helpful to the poor since western governments can't control the price of fossil fuel supplies.

Similar to free spark on Model T with Magneto.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,633  
Similar to free spark on Model T with Magneto.
Exactly and why Teslas can get away using smaller battery packs and still match or beat range of their want to be competitors.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,634  
I was just pointing out that the lack of demand during the pandemic was not the cause for the low gas prices. Prices were low before the pandemic was even thought of. There was no cherry picking involved.
And world events have a lot to do with it. When Russia invaded Crimea in 2014, ***** and Kerry worked out a deal with the Saudis to create an oil glut to drive down prices. Then, as now, Putin was using oil revenues to finance his military adventurism. A combination of sanctions and low prices shut him down pretty quickly, or the current Ukraine war would have happened 8 years ago. It was a great thing for local gas prices, which dropped to $1.89 here. It was a miracle. I had never imagined to see gas prices that low again. Oil companies lost $billions. They were not happy, but knew they had America by the short hairs and would get their money back. I don't see that wave of low gas price reflected in any of the numbers posted here.

I think the reason oil companies are closing refineries is the move to renewable energy. Why would they invest in updating a refinery when 30 years from now demand will be cut in half, as a matter of national policy? They have to make hay while the sun shines, so will manage for maximum current profits and to hell with the future. Those profits come out of your pocket. Duh.

As for Keystone XL, you notice most Canadians are not upset about the cancellation. They are hoping to slow tar sands strip mining while there is still a little bit of Alberta left. I have been to Black Diamond. More people should go. It's a great tourist destination. "Come see the world's largest environmental disaster."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,635  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,636  
Vanadium gained wide spread use when Ford decided to use it in mass on the Model T… 3 times the strength of cheaper steel allowing for stronger, lighter and better performing cars in high stress applications such as crankshafts, axles and wheel spindles…

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,637  
So the dude that said there is nothing new under the Sun might have known his stuff?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,638  

As long as you're buying the $50,000 car for them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,639  
As long as you're buying the $50,000 car for them.
Wow that is only $3K more than the average new ICEV. Below is more about Tesla's magical magnets.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,640  
Good news for EV owners, bad news for Tesla owners as the lines will get LONGER now.

1657563225220.png