Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,541  
WARNING - do not own an EV with temps in your area below -35F.

Electrical motors are prone to irreversible demagnetization making the motor ku-put, It would be very expensive to replace the EV motor and the electronics in a de-mag situation.

When the motor reaches temps below -35F, irreversible demagnetization will begin.
That sounds serious and makes an EV a non-starter.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,542  
WARNING - do not own an EV with temps in your area below -35F.

Electrical motors are prone to irreversible demagnetization making the motor ku-put, It would be very expensive to replace the EV motor and the electronics in a de-mag situation.

When the motor reaches temps below -35F, irreversible demagnetization will begin.
That sounds serious and makes an EV a non-starter.
Unless the manufacturers know this and have means of preventing such low temps in the motors?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,543  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,544  
Also, having no EV certified maintenance/repair facilities anywhere close, if at all, really concerns me as does our lack of charging system infrastructure and our outrageous electrical per KWH costs (over $.58) last winter.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,545  
The tipping point will be if/when fuel prices drop & when people start paying high electric bills, having to buy batteries, locate & wait at a charging station, or get stranded while on vacation.
PPPPPP - the 5 Ps in Army lingo.

Charging stations continue to be built daily. They will catch up. That is a BIG reason i started buying tesla stock. They were/are building infrastructure.

Fuel prices won’t drop for at least 2.5 more years right?

Battery tech continues to advance and get cheaper. Recycling them is currently being worked too.

High electric bills? Yes, true, but compared to gas purchases elec bill is still less for now.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,547  
PPPPPP - the 5 Ps in Army lingo.

Charging stations continue to be built daily. They will catch up. That is a BIG reason i started buying tesla stock. They were/are building infrastructure.

Fuel prices won’t drop for at least 2.5 more years right?

Battery tech continues to advance and get cheaper. Recycling them is currently being worked too.

High electric bills? Yes, true, but compared to gas purchases elec bill is still less for now.
The biggest problem is the prices of EVs are too high.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,549  
I would love to have an EV but my geographical location and lack of infrastructure prevents that. This Forum has provided more insight and pertinent information about EV's than I've been able to get from the Dealers. They will lie, cheat and steal to make that deal.