Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,501  
I couldn't care less about California in general......it is a woke narcissist , living on a active teutonic plate...enough said.
The truth is California is often a bell weather or precursor of whats coming no matter your prospective.

I can point out many things that were only in California and now nationwide… and that’s not political… for politics California has seated many of the most powerful at the highest levels of government.

Unleaded gas, gun restrictions, same sex marriage, electric vehicle incentives, solar are just a few with more coming like diesel and two-stroke restrictions.

California alone was enough for Honda to get out of the mower business…

Just saying…

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,502  
Out here the State spent $16M studying what to do with gas taxes since the base number of ICE vehicles are expected to decline and those that remain will get better mileage reducing the gallons taxed and taxes collected. The studies recommended switching to a miles-based system so EVs would also pay taxes. But wait... the Governor won't consider it. Not that I am crazy about it, but what does this tell me? That the governor does not want a fair tax, he wants to punish ICE owners.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,503  
Or maybe your too gullible...but finally the truth is starting to leak out despite left wing forces. New Norwegian Study Finds No Evidence Of CO2 Warming | Principia Scientific Intl.
Would you like to read an opposing point of view? The real meat is in the comments ...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,504  
Or maybe your too gullible...but finally the truth is starting to leak out despite left wing forces. New Norwegian Study Finds No Evidence Of CO2 Warming | Principia Scientific Intl.
It is a disputed conclusion, and not an official report but made by two employees on their own.

But it's a good thing that things are discussed, and questions are raised from other than people that have more extreme political views.

But I do believe we can't keep on consuming and polluting as we have done the last seventy years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,505  
The truth is California is often a bell weather or precursor of whats WOKE coming no matter your prospective.(PERSPECTIVE)
I fixed part of your post to be more accurate......lets be honest nothing good has come out of their perspective. It is however a warning of how to do things wrong and other states and provinces here could learn how not to do things.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,507  
Every 6 years, the money I save buying a used ICE over an EV, EARNS enough to pay for another used ICE vehicle. It's like getting a free car every 6 years.
That is good plan.

By signing up for SS at age 70 instead at age 62 the larger SS payout pays for a new Tesla every 3 years and monthly fuel savings pays for the FSD package that I need. Driving the most USA made and safest car for me and others that I met on the road is icing on the cake.

There seems to be multiple ways to skin a cat on the cheap. I bought new in 1973 ($2150)and then again in 2023 ($47.5K). As you buying well worn used cars for 50 lean years turned out to be for the best at our house. Potentially having an used Tesla to pass to a kid every three years helps jumpstart my brain each morning.

Thanks for sharing your automotive plan.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,508  
Would you like to read an opposing point of view? The real meat is in the comments ...

Why bother? If someone has a religious attachment to climate change denial, you're not going to convince them with logic or good data, especially on an internet tractor forum.

You're just mucking up the forum, arguing with someone who will never believe anything you put in front of them, no matter how undeniable. You might as well be arguing with a flat-earther.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,509  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #11,510  
I fixed part of your post to be more accurate......lets be honest nothing good has come out of their perspective. It is however a warning of how to do things wrong and other states and provinces here could learn how not to do things.
Martini and Mai Tai are California plus we are world renown as the land of Fruit and Nuts...

In automotive circles California was known second to Michigan for automotive and Oakland was called the Detroit of the West and many still call it that even as auto has left...

Last edited: