Bareknuckle Babe wins Okie Noodling Contest...Love those Texas Gals!!!!

/ Bareknuckle Babe wins Okie Noodling Contest...Love those Texas Gals!!!! #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Nineteen year old Lucy Milsap, from Quinlan Texas wins Okie Noodling Contest!! These Texas Gals are the greatest! This story gave me the biggest chuckle I've had in quite a while; does my heart good to see our young ladies show such spirit and willingness to step outside the box. Go Lucy!!!!

'Bare Knuckled Babe' wins 14th annual Okie Noodling Festival | News OK

/ Bareknuckle Babe wins Okie Noodling Contest...Love those Texas Gals!!!! #2  
I learned to swim in the river near our farm while my Dad Handfished. That's what we call it here in Northern Missouri.

Anytime we heard a small plane flying low overhead we were taught to hide under the trees on the shoreline so as to not be seen.

Being the littlest my job was to plug any escape routes for the fish. Many a time I've listened to my Dad say "Rich you stay there now, don't let that fish out of that hole" while the fish was ramming me and trying to get away. I've got an old photograph of a 50lb fish that Dad is holding beside me, it's the same length as I was tall.

My second job was to pull the rope the fish were strung on. I've been dragged along in shallow water by a string of big flatheads that could overpower me. Dad would come running and save me before they dragged me into deep water. Not letting go of that rope!!! Wouldn't trade that life for anything.

Was illegal then and still is here.

Great story though. Rest assured she had help.